OpenMarine

Full Version: Experience with the solar powererd wind vane?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm currently thinking of replacing the wind vane with the solar powered / battery buffered bluetooth wind vane as offered from www.sailtimerwind.com. I like the idea of an more or less hazzle free installation on the mast top (no cables involved) and minimum maintenance requirements at all. Can anyone share experiences with this product, installation process, what about reliability especially with the bluetooth connection (Mast hight on my ship is about 17m) , setup in Openplotter, ...?
(2018-02-07, 12:16 PM)Journeymen361 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm currently thinking of replacing the wind vane with the solar powered / battery buffered bluetooth wind vane as offered from www.sailtimerwind.com. I like the idea of an more or less hazzle free installation on the mast top (no cables involved) and minimum maintenance requirements at all. Can anyone share experiences with this product, installation process, what about reliability especially with the bluetooth connection (Mast hight on my ship is about 17m) , setup in Openplotter, ...?

Hi,

Did you manage to make this work? I am interested in this setup.

Thanks,
Yiannis
Hello,
i recently came across this thread in ybw.com:
https://forums.ybw.com/index.php?threads...nt.434123/
Seems like the users are not too happy about the device