OpenMarine

Full Version: Intall OpenPlotter RPI v0.10.0 NOOBS on Pi3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I have try to install OpenPlotter RPI v0.10.0 NOOBS on my new RASPBERRY PI 3 MODEL B+
But no , When booting up my Pi 3 it hang on booting just a Rainbow screen and a lightning yellow bolt.[Image: bug.png]

I have install Noobs Version:2.7.0 Its work OK

(I have install Noobs Version:2.3.0  same as problems as OpenPlotter RPI v0.10.0 NOOBS)

How to install OpenPlotter on  Noobs Version:2.7.0 ?
Henry

I have used the following method to get OpenPlotter on a NOOBS 2.7.0 platform that will boot and work fine on a Pi 3B+

1. Download the latest version of NOOBS
On a linux machine (such a a Raspberry Pi) download NOOBS 2.7.0 using the following command:
sudo wget -O NOOBS_lite.zip https://downloads.raspberrypi.org/NOOBS_lite_latest

I preferred to download this to a USB memory stick so I could use a Windows machine for the next few steps but there is no harm in doing it all on the linux box. Just my preference.

2. Download OpenPlotter RPI v0.10.0 NOOBS onto the (in my case) Windows machine and extract the contents to a folder

3. Extract the NOOBS download to another folder

4. Copy the OpenPlotter OS to the NOOBS image
   Go to the folder /os/ in the OpenPlotter image you extracted in step 2, you will see a folder called OpenPlotter, copy this folder into the /os/ folder of the NOOBS image you extracted in step 3. Initially the /os/ folder is empty because we've used the "lite" (e.g. no operating system) version of NOOBS.

5. Create your bootable SD card.
  Format a new SD card and copy the whole of the NOOBS folder in step 3 (as modified in step 4) to the new card. You're actually of course copying a bare NOOBS build plus the OpenPlotter operating system.

6. Put that card in a Raspberry Pi 3 (NOT the 3B+) and let the install process run, you will get a bootable OpenPlotter system on your Pi3 with the latest NOOBS however it will still probably not boot on a 3B+ (try it if you like). It's worth doing a sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade at this point.

7. Enable the card to boot on a 3B+ by running:
sudo rpi-update. Yes I know some people don't recommend doing this but in this case it works fine.

8. Put the card in your 3B+ and it should boot, do the usual update/upgrade if you like.

Note that if your internal wifi doesn't work on the 3B+ let me know as you might need to run another command to fix that.

Good luck
(2018-04-10, 02:34 PM)baltika_no_9 Wrote: [ -> ]...

Note that if your internal wifi doesn't work on the 3B+ let me know as you might need to run another command to fix that.

Good luck

Hello baltika,

I followed all the steps and now I have an OP v0.10.0 that boots on a 3B+. Smile
But the internal wifi does not work. Huh
Could you be so kind as to reveal the command to fix that? Idea

Angel  thanks.

José
(2018-04-11, 02:42 PM)gilinas Wrote: [ -> ]

Good luck

Hello baltika,

I followed all the steps and now I have an OP v0.10.0 that boots on a 3B+. Smile

Angel  thanks.

José

José

Try these two commands which got my Wifi working:

wget https://archive.raspberrypi.org/debian/p...t3_all.deb

sudo dpkg -i firmware-brcm80211_20161130-3+rpt3_all.deb

Reboot

Good luck and please let us know if it works

Chris
(2018-04-11, 04:21 PM)baltika_no_9 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-04-11, 02:42 PM)gilinas Wrote: [ -> ]

Good luck

Hello baltika,

Angel  thanks.

José

José

Try these two commands which got my Wifi working:

sudo wget https://archive.raspberrypi.org/debian/p...t3_all.deb

sudo dpkg -i firmware-brcm80211_20161130-3+rpt3_all.deb

Good luck and please let us know if it works

Chris

PS I got this information from here:
https://raspberrypi.stackexchange.com/qu...2327#82327

It works after rebooting!!! Smile Smile

Thank you very much Chris Heart
Jóse
Lesson learned . . . do not upgrade to 0.17.0. Stable because it contains Jessie and will not work on RPI B+.  Dodgy

baltika, I finally got around to my B+ and got it all working nicely, thank you for your instructions . . . until . . .  my patience got the best of me. No worries, I'm glad I saved everything to reinstall back on to my SD card.

0.10.0 Stable is not as nice, but it will do until the new update.

Thanks again.

Chris
(2018-05-10, 06:32 PM)1jollymon Wrote: [ -> ]Lesson learned . . . do not upgrade to 0.17.0. Stable because it contains Jessie and will not work on RPI B+.  Dodgy

baltika, I finally got around to my B+ and got it all working nicely, thank you for your instructions . . . until . . .  my patience got the best of me. No worries, I'm glad I saved everything to reinstall back on to my SD card.

0.10.0 Stable is not as nice, but it will do until the new update.

Thanks again.

Chris

Well that is odd because on the image I created using the procedure I outlined above I upgraded to 0.17.1 stable and it works fine on my B+.
0.10.0 and 0.17.1. Stable are both Jessie
Terminal type
cat /etc/os-release
(2018-05-10, 06:52 PM)jim321 Wrote: [ -> ]0.10.0 and 0.17.1. Stable are both  Jessie
Terminal type
cat /etc/os-release

Yes, I know they are both Jessie. When using Strech, following the instructions, and then doing an update it replaces Strech with Jessie.
thats the first mention of stretch in the post sorry for the confusion
Pages: 1 2 3