OpenMarine

Full Version: Connecting a bluetooth phone
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm trying to play with the bluetooth of my fresh RPi 3.
Can I connect my bluetooth phone (a very basic 2G phone  nokia 112) and use it to send/receive SMS ? and how should I do ?
Yes
http://wammu.eu/phones/nokia/6888/
You need to connect by bluetooth, find out your bluetooth address and select bluephonet or blueobex in connection list.
I have tested only with USB GSM dongles and I can not confirm this will work, so waiting for your test Smile
To Webmaster : Hi, the quote button doesn't work on my home PC, neither the get more smillies function, though I have alloed popup from from the siteany suggestion ? (win7, latest firefox)

To Sailoog :
- I guess the "bluetooth address" is (or should be) the Mac address of the bluetooth peripheral of the phone, is it correct ?
- how/where could I get that information ?
- I tried to connect my 2G phone with bluetooth software of Raspbian (latest version). It did recognized my phone, connected it, but immediately rejected it, displaying : "connection failed, no usable service on this device".
It seems the answer to my previous question regarding connectibility of 2G phones is simply NO ! Sad
I guess  I should retry with a smartphone, but I apparently suffer a kind of allergy to smartphones... We'll see....   Undecided

BTW has someone tested the SMS feature of OP using a "bluetooth connected" smartphone with success ?
Knowing that would help me in defeating my smartphone allergy !
I believe that the Quote function and more smilies, as well as a couple of other functions, is fixed now. I was missing a couple of jquery files for the template.

Richard
To Vamonos : more smilies seems ok now, but quote is still not working ....
(2016-05-23, 09:47 PM)Didier B Wrote: [ -> ]To Vamonos : more smilies seems ok now, but quote is still not working ....

test
I see what the problem is. It's not obvious, but it's the way this forum software works. Once you click the "Quote" button a hyperlink shows up at the bottom of the "Quick Reply" text entry.....the box that I am typing in right now. When you want to include the quoted text, you click the hyperlink that says "Quote these posts now". I don't like the way that works, but I don't know of a way to change it.
(2016-05-23, 10:23 PM)Vamonos Wrote: [ -> ]I see what the problem is.  It's not obvious, but it's the way this forum software works.  Once you click the "Quote" button a hyperlink shows up at the bottom of the "Quick Reply" text entry.....the box that I am typing in right now.  When you want to include the quoted text, you click the hyperlink that says "Quote these posts now".  I don't like the way that works, but I don't know of a way to change it.
OK, I got it ! thanks for your explanations ! Smile

(2016-05-23, 10:39 AM)Didier B Wrote: [ -> ]BTW has someone tested the SMS feature of OP using a "bluetooth connected" smartphone with success ?
Knowing that would help me in defeating my smartphone allergy !

A smal "up" to to recenter the thread Sleepy