OpenMarine

Full Version: problems adding new NMEA source
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've noticed a consistent problem when adding a new NMEA 0183 source in the openplotter window.  It will not let me give my new sources any logical name.  I've resorted to calling a new source bob,  literally "bob"  its the only input for name it will take without responding with an error that stating that the name string must be between 1 and 15 characters....   I first ran into this when trying to add my AIS hat using the following names "AIS" "dAISy", "dAISY_HAT"  none of which openplotter like!  So I add them using the advanced option.  The problem then is I can only edit it using the advanced options or I end up with the same name eror.  I'm currently on 0.17  of open plotter.

I'm sure this has been mentioned before.  If so then just merge with the existing thread ( couldn't find one)
(2018-04-30, 03:19 PM)pcmm Wrote: [ -> ]I've noticed a consistent problem when adding a new NMEA 0183 source in the openplotter window.  It will not let me give my new sources any logical name.  I've resorted to calling a new source bob,  literally "bob"  its the only input for name it will take without responding with an error that stating that the name string must be between 1 and 15 characters....   I first ran into this when trying to add my AIS hat using the following names "AIS" "dAISy", "dAISY_HAT"  none of which openplotter like!  So I add them using the advanced option.  The problem then is I can only edit it using the advanced options or I end up with the same name eror.  I'm currently on 0.17  of open plotter.

I'm sure this has been mentioned before.  If so then just merge with the existing thread ( couldn't find one)

I have the same problem  .   but if i  copy / paste  the new name  i could put it in  ,  it works  maybe ,  i have some connections isues  ,   "NMEA 0183  to RS232"  i have seen a soloution  , but will first be at my boat later this week .
i am using  TeamViewer to Teamvierhost