OpenMarine

Full Version: ultrasonic antifouling
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hello, I'm samuel from France and new on this forum Smile

I just started to build an electronic ultrasonic antifouling. If some makers are interested I can share what I found (electronic, source code, efficiency studies...)
My system is from the kit described in epe sept 2012: http://www.epemag3.com/proj/0912.html
It is based on a PIC microcontroller 12f675 (12F615 for mine), and seems to work nice...on the test bench [Image: 1f61b.png]:p
By the way I'm a happy raspberry / opencpn user since a few months (in fact opencpn added on a SDRplay system for meteofax and navtex, ais, NOAA sattelite images...).

I'm opening this OpenPlotter thread because the ultrasonic board may be easily modified for a raspberry or arduino instead of the PIC. That could be interesting to monitor and optimise frequencies (to find the best resonnances mode for each hull)..., manage power against battery state, I think we could even add a "receive" mode with a different transducer at higer frequencies (or harmonics?) to use it as a deepth sounder...(but what about dolphins? :p )
I 'm not very good at linux/programming so it will take a long time for me to integrate this on my RPI, but maybe someone else is interesteded to also test and develop this system?

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=...ee111d0e93
[Image: photo.php?fbid=10216694315457375&l=ee111d0e93]
(2018-05-19, 10:30 AM)samdam Wrote: [ -> ]hello, I'm samuel from France and new on this forum Smile

I just started to build an electronic ultrasonic antifouling. If some makers are interested I can share what I found (electronic, source code, efficiency studies...)
My system is from the kit described in epe sept 2012: http://www.epemag3.com/proj/0912.html
It is based on a PIC microcontroller 12f675 (12F615 for mine), and seems to work nice...on the test bench [Image: 1f61b.png]:p
By the way I'm a happy raspberry / opencpn user since a few months (in fact opencpn added on a SDRplay system for meteofax and navtex, ais, NOAA sattelite images...).

I'm opening this OpenPlotter thread because the ultrasonic board may be easily modified for a raspberry or arduino instead of the PIC. That could be interesting to monitor and optimise frequencies (to find the best resonnances mode for each hull)..., manage power against battery state, I think we could even add a "receive" mode with a different transducer at higer frequencies (or harmonics?) to use it as a deepth sounder...(but what about dolphins? :p )
I 'm not very good at linux/programming so it will take a long time for me to integrate this on my RPI, but maybe someone else is interesteded to also test and develop this system?

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=...ee111d0e93

[Image: photo.php?fbid=10216694315457375&l=ee111d0e93]

Hi.

I was thinking of using Raspi to do a multi-channel ultrasound antifouling.
The problem is that with python you can't be over 20kHz, to achieve this you have to program in C.
As I suppose that you know, an ultrasound antifouling uses frequencies up to 40 kHhz.
Now I'm learning the libraries in C to do a test program.

Greetings
(2018-06-09, 05:07 PM)gypsylyon Wrote: [ -> ]Hi.

The problem is that with python you can't be over 20kHz, to achieve this you have to program in C.
As I suppose that you know, an ultrasound antifouling uses frequencies up to 40 kHhz.

Greetings

I have transducers 40khz and 25khz, so yes python will be too slow 

"multi channel" you mean several transducers?
What will you use for the power stage?
(2018-06-09, 05:54 PM)samdam Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-06-09, 05:07 PM)gypsylyon Wrote: [ -> ]Hi.

Greetings

I have transducers 40khz and 25khz, so yes python will be too slow 

"multi channel" you mean several transducers?
What will you use for the power stage?

In principle, each GPIO can serve as a channel for each ultrasonic transducer. All you have to do is program the schirps. The power amplifier, I would build it as the Kit that Jaycar sells, through a transformer with a mosfet.