OpenMarine

Full Version: New to Openplotter - a few beginner issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi,

I'm new to Openplotter and the Raspberry Pi 3b+

I recently installed the 28 May build, and have a few little things I need to sort out that I haven't quite found the answers to whilst searching. 

1) How do I completely turn the access point off? I do not want Openplotter to be an access point, instead it should just be part of my larger network. I've been into the Network tab and set it as client, but even after a reboot. It is still broadcasting on 10.10.10.1 - I would like one or both of the radios to be available to connect to networks of my choosing. 

2) I already my NMEA and NMEA0183 data broadcast over wifi. What exactly do I have to do to configure Openpotter to recieve this data? In openCPN it's as simple as just setting up a new connection and inputting the IP address and the port, but I can't find a similar setting in Openplotter itself. 

Thanks in advance

EDIT: Sorry Mods, can you please move this to the "How do I..." forum?
as for 2) try to enter a new network in the kplex tab.
just a guess but that looks like the right place..
we are all new to this release
1) Select client, press set, press apply, reboot and it should work.

2) Yes, on kplex tab select add network.

Sorry guys we need docs asap.
Setting the IP and port in Kplex is working great already got some NMEA gauges up and running. Nice one.

Unfortunately setting "client" in the network tab, hitting apply, and then either bringing down the interfaces and back up or rebooting does not do anything to get rid of the openplotter AP in my instance at least.
(2018-05-30, 05:17 PM)mikedeflieslife Wrote: [ -> ]Unfortunately setting "client" in the network tab, hitting apply, and then either bringing down the interfaces and back up or rebooting does not do anything to get rid of the openplotter AP in my instance at least.

Steps to change network
select "client" (or any other network)
click set (this will copy the network settings from /home/pi/.config/openplotter/Network/xxxx to /home/pi/.openplotter/Network/xxxx)
click apply (this will copy the network settings from /home/pi/.openplotter/Network/xxxx to system (/etc/..))
reboot
Which is what I have done but it isn't working. On reboot the Openplotter is still broadcasting on 10.10.10.1

It's like the GUI Network menu is not actually writing the settings.
i just followed the steps and it worked as advertised.
make sure everything under network mode dropdown is grayed out after you select client and set then .apply,reboot
i have the usb dongle plugged in
popup at taskbar says

wlan0 associated with mywifi
wlan0 configured my ip
wlan1 associated with mywifi
wlan1 configure my ip
eth0 link is down

laptop wifi scan and no openplotter ap shows
A few more attempt and multiple hard restarts later and openplotter is not longer broadcasting as an access point, but it is still holding both wifi interfaces hostage to the effect that when hovering over the arrows in the top right corner I get "wlan0 is not associated" When clicking on it I get "no wireless interfaces found"

I must be able to completely disable Openplotter's hold on wifi somewhere in the conf files. I just need to know which ones need editing.

Those of you that have it working without any issue at all and can free up both interfaces, are you using a Pi 3b+?
Hello,
try switching to bridge.
Is a network being found now?
(2018-06-01, 11:07 AM)Luckbert Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,
try switching to bridge.
Is a network being found now?

Hi,
Thanks for getting involved. 

I'm confused though, which bridge there are 5 different settings. I also then need to choose an interface for 'sharing internet device' what should that be eth0 wlan0 or none. Obviously if I select wlan0 then that will be occupied so there will not be a free wifi interface to actually search and connect to my router access point.
Pages: 1 2 3