OpenMarine

Full Version: [SOLVED] OP V1 and NMEA0183 generator
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thanks for the new V1 ! Nice and clean!
Testing at home with just the RPi3 and started with using the NMEA 0183 generator in the OP Tools menu. 
After clicking on "Add" the RMC sentence is not available under "Sentence" so used the "RMC examp" button. Clicking on the button nothing seems to happen but if You click "Cancel" it appears. But clicking on it You can't change anything ? 
I used an RMA sentence instead to check OC. It appears in the OC debug window but You don't get any position or other data in the map window ??
To check the OC functionality I terminated the SK server and started it with a testfile with the command
signalk-server --sample-nmea0183-data
in a terminal window. This worked nice!
Any ideas ? 
/Mats
Ops! I forgot to remove "RMC examp".

This is not a bug, now Signal k is in charge of signal k to NMEA 0183 conversion with Convert Signal K to NMEA 0183 plugin. We keep the NMEA 0183 generator only for sentences that SK can not convert, specially XDR. We have removed all sentences from NMEA 0183 converter that Convert Signal K to NMEA 0183 plugin can manage to avoid loops.

Go to Signal k server GUI, login, server, plugin config, Convert signal k to NMEA 0183 and mark RMC.

There is already something about this on doc but we need to add info:
https://docs.sailoog.com/openplotter-v1-...es-it-work
(2018-05-30, 07:28 PM)Sailoog Wrote: [ -> ]Ops! I forgot to remove "RMC examp".

This is not a bug, now Signal k is in charge .......

Thanks for quick answer !
Sorry I wasn't clear enough. The thing is that a want to use "NMEA 0183 generator" to generate a fixed value, (running at home with no input), not a conversion, to check that the installation is OK. So I built a RMC sentence with fixed values. In the former version it worked but maybe it isn't supported in the new version ?  /Mats