OpenMarine

Full Version: [SOLVED] S-63 Plugin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Greetings,

So I'm running OpenCPN on Raspberry Pi 3B+ using the Openplotter 1.0.0 Stretch operating system.
I need to be able to use the S-63 plugin with OpenCPN as I live in Norway, and as such all charts are using the S-63 plugin.

I am unable to generate a fingerprint file using the S-63 plugin on OpenCPN.
This is the error I'm getting.
"12:54:37 -02: s63_pi: Cannot execute OCPNsenc utility at {/usr/bin/OCPNsenc}"

When I try cd-ing into usr/bin and running OCPNsenc as sudo. This is what I'm getting
"
pi@openplotter:~ $ cd ..
pi@openplotter:/home $ cd ..
pi@openplotter:/ $ cd usr
pi@openplotter:/usr $ cd bin
pi@openplotter:/usr/bin $ sudo OCPNsenc
OCPNsenc: Symbol `_ZN12wxTextBuffer6ms_eofE' has different size in shared object, consider re-linking
12:52:38: Warning: Mismatch between the program and library build versions detected.
The library used 3.0 (wchar_t,compiler with C++ ABI 1010,wx containers,compatible with 2.8),
and your program used 3.0 (wchar_t,compiler with C++ ABI 1002,wx containers,compatible with 2.8).
*** Error in `OCPNsenc': corrupted size vs. prev_size: 0x01077240 ***
Avbrutt (SIGABRT)
pi@openplotter:/usr/bin $ 
"

I belive it is because the S-63 plugin was compiled before 3B+was released. But as I don't know, I'm posting this to see if you're able to help.

Attached is the OpenCPN log file.
This bug is related to debian stretch libraries. We are working on it with o-charts and opencpn team. thanks for testing, I will post here when this is solved, probably a normal plugin update will be required.
(2018-06-05, 04:06 PM)Lucy Wrote: [ -> ]So I'm running OpenCPN on Raspberry Pi 3B+ using the Openplotter 1.0.0 Stretch operating system.
I need to be able to use the S-63 plugin with OpenCPN as I live in Norway, and as such all charts are using the S-63 plugin.

Did you know Norway & Sweden are now available as OeSENC charts? 

http://o-charts.org/shop/index.php?id_pr...&id_lang=4
(2018-06-05, 06:50 PM)PaddyB Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-06-05, 04:06 PM)Lucy Wrote: [ -> ]So I'm running OpenCPN on Raspberry Pi 3B+ using the Openplotter 1.0.0 Stretch operating system.

Did you know Norway & Sweden are now available as OeSENC charts? 

http://o-charts.org/shop/index.php?id_pr...&id_lang=4

Thanks for the heads up,
Unfortunately that won't work either.

I tried the oeSENC plugin on OpenPlotter. Went to Charts/oeSENC Charts and pressed the "Refresh Chart List" button. After properly logging in and pressing the button again.
under "Actions" it says
"Status : Communications Error. {50}"
Did some googling but didn't find any other reference to this error code.

So the plugin is unable to connect to the oeSENC servers, probably for the same reason as why S-63 plugin isn't working.
(2018-06-05, 09:22 PM)Lucy Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the heads up,

I tried the oeSENC plugin on OpenPlotter. Went to Charts/oeSENC Charts and pressed the "Refresh Chart List" button. After properly logging in and pressing the button again.
under "Actions" it says

So the plugin is unable to connect to the oeSENC servers, probably for the same reason as why S-63 plugin isn't working.

No. oeSENC plugin is working perfectly. "Status : Communications Error. {50}" means an internet problem, please check your connection.
(2018-06-05, 09:55 PM)Sailoog Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-06-05, 09:22 PM)Lucy Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the heads up,

under "Actions" it says

No. oeSENC plugin is working perfectly. "Status : Communications Error. {50}" means an internet problem, please check your connection.

Well that's weird, since all posts I've made in this thread are from the Chromeium browser on the Pi in question. Currently writing this from the VNC viewer
sorry, Status : Communications Error. {50} is not an internet connection error. There are already users running oeSENC charts on openplotter v1.0.0 without problem so let's try to find out what is happening here, write to info-at-o-charts.org to track the issue there.
ops, you are right, I have been able to reproduce your error with oeSENC. Requesting charts online is not working! only offline method is working. Sorry, we will fix this asap. Thanks!
Both issues have been solved. A new version of S63 and oeSENC plugins will be released during this weekend. You need just to update opencpn plugins from update menu.

Thanks!!!