OpenMarine

Full Version: mysql on the latest build
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As an aside (not directly an openplotter issue, I think its more of a "stretch" issue) Has anyone figured out how to get mysql installed on this new build?  I've been trying for days and keep going around in circles.  Mariadb is supposedly a "dropin" replacement.  except I can't find any GUI clients that work with it, can add users to it, can create db's in it and can;t connect to it in general with anything other than "root" ( which connects with or WITHOUT a password!!!)  

what disaster!  all the work I did on the previous builds depends on a mysql DB!!!  

Mariadb happliy acceptssql commands and always replies with the same result

zero rows affected.
I ran MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQLite and InfluxDB on a pi Zero w with stretch-lite and a pi 3 with stretch. I don't think there is a general problem with stretch. Please describe the specific errors you get otherwise it's hard to figure out your issues
(2018-06-16, 08:34 PM)shark24 Wrote: [ -> ]I ran MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQLite and InfluxDB on a pi Zero w with stretch-lite and a pi 3 with stretch. I don't think there is a general problem with stretch. Please describe the specific errors you get otherwise it's hard to figure out your issues

In the latest build ( stretch)  if you run apt-get install mysql-server  you don't get mysql server,  you get mariadb (a completely messed up variant of mysql)   I've been trying for days to use work arounds to actually install mysql  so far no luck,  I keep getting (even after multiple OS reinstalls)  Mariadb.  which is great if you want an essentially non functioning db server!  I however want something I can use!
Though I use sqlite, inquisitiveness led to google and this came up - might help?

https://dbahire.com/how-to-install-mysql...n-stretch/
(2018-06-16, 09:53 PM)PaddyB Wrote: [ -> ]Though I use sqlite, inquisitiveness led to google and this came up - might help?

https://dbahire.com/how-to-install-mysql...n-stretch/

Thanks,  Tried that first actually.  complains that elements needed are no longer available!