OpenMarine

Full Version: Waveshare e-paper displays
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Has anyone played with the small e-paper displays being sold under the name Waveshare? They have an SPI interface. Some of them display two colors (black and either yellow or red). 

Seems these are becoming popular as dynamic price tags for things in department stores. Hopefully that will bring the prices down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AeYbX0zaJTY

I suppose the delay in updating these will be the largest challenge - use for a compass, speed, depth, or wind display would be a problem unless partial update of the screen could get this down to reasonable times.

Seems like using these in conjunction with an ESP32 or similar would probably be most practical for us.
Funny you should mention that - I just received a 2.9 in display from Alibaba. I haven't had a chance to try it out yet, but I would very much like to use it as a low-power display.

I agree that whatever it is used for would have to be something that doesn't require quick updates, but honestly, even 1 second updates should be fine.

I definitely intend to try it out with an ESP32.