OpenMarine

Full Version: Node red embedded into signalk
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Anyone seen this yet?
https://github.com/SignalK/node-red-embedded
Now in the app store then turn in on in server/plugins.

I've only just looked at it, seems that signalk runs its own node-red in 10.10.10.13000/redAdmin with nodes to receive and send signalk data. Looks like a bit of a game changer!!!
good find.
i am looking at it now.
wonder if we can get those nodes in op's n-r server..
(2018-06-19, 10:11 AM)jim321 Wrote: [ -> ]good find.
i am looking at it now.
wonder if we can get those nodes in op's n-r server..

I'm thinking of maybe doing everything in the signalk node red. At last found a solution of getting data from MQTT into signalk as a number instead of a string so the KIP dash works better.
i would be really interested in any flows you come up with
(2018-06-19, 11:07 AM)jim321 Wrote: [ -> ]i would be really interested in any flows you come up with

1st play around at getting MQTT from an ESP into signalk.

[Image: aahC3mh.png]

with the function >
Code:
if (msg.topic == "Esp1Ads1115no1ch23") {
var path = "electrical.batteries.MainBank.voltage";
var value = parseInt(msg.payload);
} else {return;}

msg.topic = path;
msg.payload = value;

return msg;
so now can get to all the lovely data displays in KIP which only work with numerical data, MQTT seems to transmit as text only from easyesp.
this looks really interesting. Have you seen any incompatibility with the current node-red installation in OP?
(2018-06-19, 06:31 PM)Sailoog Wrote: [ -> ]this looks really interesting. Have you seen any incompatibility with the current node-red installation in OP?

Not yet, both seem to run side by side happily, though I haven't done much yet.
testing now. amazing.
I only miss node-red-dashboard. We should find out how to install extra modules there and make signal k node red the default node-red installation in OP.
been trying to install new nodes from palette manager cpu go's 100% fails to install
(2018-06-19, 07:54 PM)Sailoog Wrote: [ -> ]testing now. amazing.
I only miss node-red-dashboard. We should find out how to install extra modules there and make signal k node red the default node-red installation in OP.

If it were e.g. an offline OP/Raspian, it would be as simple as copy a module over to the default folder /home/pi/.node-red/node_modules
Source files: either a github repo or another OP/Raspbian instance
I have done this once with node-red-dashboard and node-red-contrib-counter
Pages: 1 2 3