OpenMarine

Full Version: WIFI konfiguration
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Hi,

I just installed openplotter but was not able to konfigurate the WIFI because I did not get the right registers (AP WIFI is missing, Sensors are missing USB is missing and so on).

I should turn the VNC off to use the AP WIFI for konfuguration of the marina WiFi under AP WIFI, but do not have the change to change the configuration because of the missing registers.

Somebody an idea what went wrong?

Thanks for your help!

Serge
What peripherals do you have?

WiFi dongle?

Which settings do you want to make?
(2018-06-26, 12:33 PM)Luckbert Wrote: [ -> ]What peripherals do you have?

WiFi dongle?

Which settings do you want to make?

No WIFI Dongle, just want to use the WIFI of the PI to connect to the marina WIFI. For this I have to have two register Tabs which are missing. One to turn of the VNC and one (WIFI AP) to put in the data for registration in the marina net.

I do not know if I did something wrong or I am not able to find the place where I can add more register tabs.

Sascha
i dont understand what a register tab is.
in v 1.0 the usb tab is now serial, in wifi if you use onboard wifi you pick ap/client then after a APPLY and reboot go to the wireless icon and enter the marina's ap name password to connect..the range is limited with the onboard wifi.
you should give more info to get help rpi model version of op ect.

[attachment=337]

https://docs.sailoog.com/openplotter-v1-x-x/network
(2018-06-26, 04:11 PM)jim321 Wrote: [ -> ]i dont understand what a register tab is.
in v 1.0 the usb tab is now serial, in wifi if you use onboard wifi you pick ap/client then after a APPLY and reboot go to the wireless icon and enter the marina's ap name password to connect..the range is limited with the onboard wifi.
you should give more info to get help rpi model version of op ect.

https://docs.sailoog.com/openplotter-v1-x-x/network

Thank you for the instruction. I changed like you showed in the screenshot to ap/client and applied and reboot but the WIFI symbol is not shown in the top of the screen where you put the arrow. It shows two arrows one up one down with description no wireless interfaces found.

I use the 1.0.0. (openplotter_v1.0.0_noobs zip) with an PI 3B plus.
Try this.

AP/Client + Bridge

That helped with me.

If you can then connect, you can later go back to AP/Client.

regards

Do not forget reboot
(2018-06-26, 09:29 PM)Luckbert Wrote: [ -> ]Try this.

AP/Client + Bridge

That helped with me.

If you can then connect, you can later go back to AP/Client.

regards

Do not forget reboot

This turnaround worked once and short (to put in my user data in the wifi of the marina) till I turned it back to Ap/Client.  After it was the same shit than before, no wifi symbol in the top any more, again the two blue arrows.

After it faild on Ap/Client I triied the workaround again but never get the login page again.
(2018-06-27, 12:19 PM)Serge Wrote: [ -> ]This turnaround worked once and short (to put in my user data in the wifi of the marina) till I turned it back to Ap/Client.  After it was the same shit than before, no wifi symbol in the top any more, again the two blue arrows.

After it faild on Ap/Client I triied the workaround again but never get the login page again.

Are you running v1.0.0? 

Check the manual - https://docs.sailoog.com/openplotter-v1-x-x/network

Quote:On Raspberry Pi 3 you can also set the built-in wlan device to connect as a client to the AP of the harbour simultaneously. On Raspberry Pi 3+ you need an extra wlan device if you want to set OpenPlotter as AP and you want to connect to another AP as client too.

Looks like it might have been fixed if you update openplotter (in the updates menu)

v1.0.1

[*]..............

[*]Fix issue in RPI3: AP/client network
(2018-06-27, 02:12 PM)PaddyB Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-06-27, 12:19 PM)Serge Wrote: [ -> ]This turnaround worked once and short (to put in my user data in the wifi of the marina) till I turned it back to Ap/Client.  After it was the same shit than before, no wifi symbol in the top any more, again the two blue arrows.

Are you running v1.0.0? 

Check the manual - https://docs.sailoog.com/openplotter-v1-x-x/network

Quote:On Raspberry Pi 3 you can also set the built-in wlan device to connect as a client to the AP of the harbour simultaneously. On Raspberry Pi 3+ you need an extra wlan device if you want to set OpenPlotter as AP and you want to connect to another AP as client too.

Looks like it might have been fixed if you update openplotter (in the updates menu)

v1.0.1

[*]..............

[*]Fix issue in RPI3: AP/client network
[*]

That means I can not run the wifi on Raspberry Pi 3+ without extra wlan device? Where I can get the v1.0.1 for download. Without connection I can not update.
you should give more info to get help rpi model version of op ect
knowing you have a 3+ would save us a lot of frustration and time..
try to choose client the first choice set & apply reboot then see if you can connect. if so update.
if you want ap+client yes you need an adapter for 3+
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5