OpenMarine

Full Version: Openplotter actions, add trigger doesn't do anything
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, when trying to add actions in openplotter, I can't add triggers as the "ok" button does nothing. Even using a simple date trigger and clicking "ok" does nothing and the trigger window stays open, without any errors or feedback. Anyone encountered this before?

Thanks,

Marco
Response to an old post, but...

...I am getting this too.

Did you manage to find out what was wrong?

(2018-11-03, 04:23 AM)NaturalBornCamper Wrote: [ -> ]Hello, when trying to add actions in openplotter, I can't add triggers as the "ok" button does nothing. Even using a simple date trigger and clicking "ok" does nothing and the trigger window stays open, without any errors or feedback. Anyone encountered this before?

Thanks,

Marco

I see this was posted a while ago, so hoping that you found a way to fix this problem, because I also get this error.

Any advice to offer?
This is not an old post hahaha!

I posted that a couple of weeks ago and nope, I haven't gotten the solution yet because I have many other things to set up first and this is way down the line, let me know if you figure it out!
i have not used the actions tab for a long time. you can make any actions you want with node red. i suggest using the gpio node and a function node. https://www.npmjs.com/package/node-red-contrib-gpio
it is also an easy way to add analog pins to the pi with an arduino + firmata. and its easy to use 5v sensors with the arduino pi combo i have a arduino mega setup that way, lots of pins for sensors or relays ect. Smile
it can be installed with the palette manager also.. search gpio in the install tab.
you can get any data that is in signalk thru the websocket.. gps ect.
Thanks friend, very useful!

Isn't node-red MUCH slower than using Python however, and heavier on CPU time?
Faster
https://da-14.com/blog/python-vs-nodejs-...ur-project

"The main thing we want from a programming tool is performance. Performance defines the speed of your application response which directly depends on how fast your code is executed. If we compare the performance of Python vs that of Node.js, we will immediately see that Node is significantly faster. This great performance is largely due to Node.js being based on Chrome’s V8 which is a very fast and powerful engine. For this reason, Node.js speed vs that of Python is far greater which makes it a much better choice for real-time applications"

the only problems on cpu usage i have ever had was with serial node or arduino node screwing up, thats why i suggested the gpio node.it does the same thing basically without any problems so far Smile