OpenMarine

Full Version: ESP32 user defined sensor
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was thinking of using a view ESP32 (DOIT ES32 DEVKIT V1) to mount remotely from the Raspi (engine room – for engine monitoring, close to water and fuel tank -liquid level sensor, mast head – wind sensor…).

I like to use the Bluetooth Low Energy to request and send the sensor readings to the Rasp PI (open cpn) with a ACROBOTIC Bluetooth 4.0 Low Energy USB Module (BLE Computer Adapter).

- low energy, rechargeable battery, could last over one year
- request sensor info on a user definable time interval (1 min, 5 min, 15 min, hourly....)
- display sensor readings on smart phone, Pi display, …
- User can build remote sensors based on Arduino IoT

I’m not a programmer but I like to get some feedback. Any advice?
you can do it all with node red and get power from 12v with a car cigarette lighter usb charger thingy.i would use wifi & mqtt instead of BT.
I am just completing a esp32 Wifi windsensor I agree with Jim but i am sceptical of nodered. But it has been a year since i stopped using it so it might be more stable and less prone to using all of the RPI resources.
i have been using nodered for yrs. home automation controlling aquarium lights pumps ect.
had it running for months straight without ever having a problem.and not resource heavy..
I've used it on raspberry pi B rev 1.2 ..