OpenMarine

Full Version: OpenCPN V5 beta
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Anyone tried compiling the just out OpenCPN V5 beta on the Pi? 

Great on the laptop, split screen looks really useful. Plus seems to work fine with mbtiles saved from sasplanet, simple to get large areas of google sat images. And other sources. 

Roll on open source!!  Cool Cool Cool
pplotter had the V5 split screen + mbtiles in opencpn..so it can be done.. pinguino removed the img. because the opencpn dev's didn't want it out in the wild yet..
i just looked and have a copy of pplotter its V1.1.0,img.. if you want it for testing purposes..PM me for magnet link & tracker.

[Image: 2018-08-06-105816_1280x1024_scrot.png]
(2019-02-16, 09:21 PM)jim321 Wrote: [ -> ]pplotter had the V5 split screen + mbtiles in opencpn..so it can be done.. pinguino removed the img. because the opencpn dev's didn't want it out in the wild yet..
i just looked and have a copy of pplotter its V1.1.0,img.. if you want it for testing purposes..PM me for magnet link & tracker.

Thanks, think I'll wait for it to make it's own way into the repository, no great rush. Having a playaround with some VDR data, new split screen and new look ahead mode seem really good.Over all a  nice look.  Cool
i was impressed with the v5 too.hopefully it will be released soon Smile
i recently installed debian linux to my laptop, i just installed opencpn today from source the ver.# is 4.99.1408
Smile
it does have split screen i haven't tested much yet just downloaded some charts but the debug window closes with the X now, that bugged me in earlier releases
(2019-02-18, 02:55 PM)jim321 Wrote: [ -> ]i recently installed debian linux to my laptop, i just installed opencpn today from source the ver.# is 4.99.1408
Smile
it does have split screen i haven't tested much yet just downloaded some charts but the debug window closes with the X now, that bugged me in earlier releases

You can easily install OpenCPN version 5 beta on OpenPlotter. Use synaptic and change the OpenCPn server in:

http://ppa:launchpad.net/bdbcat/opencpn/ubuntu xenial main

refresh. Then you get an error of a key not available in Ubuntu.

Copy the key and do:

sudo apt-key adv --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv-keys (paste here the the key you have copied)

then refresh and search for opencpn and you will see the update.

There is also a new beta kernel series available 4.19.XX. sudo rpi-update.

Regards,

Bram
Unfortunately I get too many unmet dependencies with this. I was able to compile from source and create a DEB that worked.
Perhaps you have indicated the wrong version of the software. Then you ge message about missing dependencies.

I have done several upgrade to bet version 5 of OpenCPN, only by changing the server address and adding the required key.

Bram
Hummm, in Synaptic, I'm forcing version to the highest version, then doing upgrade. I get:

opencpn:
Depends: opencpn-tcdata but it is not installable
Depends: opencpn-gshhs-low but it is not installable
Recommends: opencpn-gshhs-crude but it is not installable
Recommends: opencpn-gshhs-intermediate but it is not installable
Recommends: opencpn-gshhs-high but it is not installable
Recommends: opencpn-gshhs-full but it is not installable

Ahhh, I re-enbled the other OpenCPN repository and it seems okay now.
Re. My remarks about the latest kernelversion 4.19.XX.

Works great, except that the wifi acces point is no longer working. Reason, not find one.

Regards,

Bram
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5