OpenMarine

Full Version: INA219
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I am at my wits end trying to manipulate this sensor to work in OP. I call myself a basic beginner at programming and was wondering if anyone can point me in a direction or talk me through how to add the INA219 sensor to OP through the tools section? I have tried countless times and every time it has not worked.

FYI: I am trying to measure the shunt voltage and current off my existing NASA Marine battery monitor and publish these in OP/SignalK. It’s more of an issue now because I am moving my yacht to a swinging mooring and wish to keep an eye on it remotely.

I’m have tried the ESP8266 approach but cannot get the data into SK/OP (I tried the Adafruit guide on this to no avail)

Can anyone help please? I’m sorry if it’s too basic an issue for some members to help with but I really am desperate now.

Thanks Very Much In Advance.

EDIT: I have also tried the INA3221 and it worked publishing into SignalK/OP but it published 0v/0a continually.
(2019-03-27, 05:21 PM)AliceJ21 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

I am at my wits end trying to manipulate this sensor to work in OP. I call myself a basic beginner at programming and was wondering if anyone can point me in a direction or talk me through how to add the INA219 sensor to OP through the tools section? I have tried countless times and every time it has not worked.

FYI: I am trying to measure the shunt voltage and current off my existing NASA Marine battery monitor and publish these in OP/SignalK. It’s more of an issue now because I am moving my yacht to a swinging mooring and wish to keep an eye on it remotely.

I’m have tried the ESP8266 approach but cannot get the data into SK/OP (I tried the Adafruit guide on this to no avail)

Can anyone help please? I’m sorry if it’s too basic an issue for some members to help with but I really am desperate now.

EDIT: I have also tried the INA3221 and it worked publishing into SignalK/OP but it published 0v/0a continually.

I've had this working, surprisingly accurate. I did it using an ESP8266 sending Signalk to Openplotter. The boat is in bits at the moment but the messy code must be somewhere, I could put it on github and send a link. 

http://forum.openmarine.net/showthread.php?tid=1448
(2019-03-27, 05:54 PM)PaddyB Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-03-27, 05:21 PM)AliceJ21 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

I've had this working, surprisingly accurate. I did it using an ESP8266 sending Signalk to Openplotter. The boat is in bits at the moment but the messy code must be somewhere, I could put it on github and send a link. 

http://forum.openmarine.net/showthread.php?tid=1448

I did try this too Smile if you could post the code it would be very much appreciated! [emoji4]