OpenMarine

Full Version: Server Hardware for openplotter?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38
(2019-10-30, 09:13 PM)glowntiger Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,
here you find a first draft of the shematic:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ne89Fx9...sp=sharing

Hi, I'm attaching more photos. This morning I was able to see the n2k wind sensor, but it gave me SPI error (disable ... when it was enabled). Now everything seems ok, but I don't see the sensor anymore ... and I still have to understand how it all works with SignalK ... it lasts the life for old beginners ... I saw your card in google drive, well done. Sailoog has arrived at a pre-release (closer to the final version) ... I'm sorry I can't help at least in the translation, but my English is zero (and if there were no google translate I would be on the ground ). But I speak Italian well ... good work and good wind at all!

[img][Image: tCziXn.jpg][/img][img][Image: X4muA6.jpg][/img]
[img][Image: QyqJV6.jpg][/img]
[img][Image: 4ixoXy.jpg][/img]

e questa sera:

[img][Image: XwxxMm.jpg][/img]
[img][Image: cfyRR1.jpg][/img]
[img][Image: 5jwt7A.jpg][/img]
Hi Max,
sometimes it is quiet difficult with opensource… The Coder are realy good, but the documentation in´t… ;-)
For The MCS:
The App install the kernel driver for the Serial ports ttySC0-5 and load the Kernel driver for the 1-wire.
All for the CAN do the App of Sailoog. The availible CAN on the Settings page only display the Interface (ifconfig).
Have you restarted your Pi after you have configurate the CAN?
You can check if there are incoming messages with type:

Code:
candump can0

Then you should the the raw data of can0

Today I have tested a complete System with:
-MCS
-B&G Vulcan7
-DST200 (STW, Depth, Water temp)
-Seatalk1 to Seatlakng (with ST60+ wind, and ST4000+ Autopilot

All works fine.
The Data of the DS18B20 was shown on the Vulcan7, all datas are displayed in SignalK and on the Plotter.
Realy cool!!!!
[attachment=593]
[attachment=594]

Tomorrow Im on the Boat and want to test the AIS through NMEA0183 to N2K...
By the Way, if you want to use Serial Ports (NMEA0183) in SignalK, you can use the interface as example ttySC0 directly….
(2019-10-31, 08:55 PM)glowntiger Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Max,
sometimes it is quiet difficult with opensource… The Coder are realy good, but the documentation in´t… ;-)
For The MCS:
The App install the kernel driver for the Serial ports ttySC0-5 and load the Kernel driver for the 1-wire.
All for the CAN do the App of Sailoog. The availible CAN on the Settings page only display the Interface (ifconfig).
Have you restarted your Pi after you have configurate the CAN?
You can check if there are incoming messages with type:

Code:
candump can0

Then you should the the raw data of can0

Today I have tested a complete System with:
-MCS
-B&G Vulcan7
-DST200 (STW, Depth, Water temp)
-Seatalk1 to Seatlakng (with ST60+ wind, and ST4000+ Autopilot

All works fine.
The Data of the DS18B20 was shown on the Vulcan7, all datas are displayed in SignalK and on the Plotter.
Realy cool!!!!

Tomorrow Im on the Boat and want to test the AIS through NMEA0183 to N2K...
By the Way, if you want to use Serial Ports (NMEA0183) in SignalK, you can use the interface as example ttySC0 directly….
Everything ok with your boat card? We hope that Sailoog also proceeds with OP 2 ...
Hi Max,
Yes all works fine... At the Moment there is a little Issue with the SC16is752 Linuxdriver. 2 SC16is752 worked. But not 3. This is sinse one of the last updates...
I work on it. For the Moment I have recomment 1 SC16is752. So you can use only ttySC0-ttySC3.
Impressive work glowntiger!

Are you planning to produce more boards soon? I would love to place an order.
Hi flybob,
at the moment I have 10 Prototyp boards given out.
I have fixed a few thinks and want to order new boards next weekend.
Next order should be 50pcs. If all works and the Manual is ready you can buy in the shop ;-) (www.gedad.de)
But I only send in the EU because the boards "only" have CE no FCC and it´s more expensive to do FCC Tests.
I hope Sailoog added the APP to the OP-deb nexttime....
Thomas
Hi,
I have make a first draft of the function sheme of the board.
Please take a look at this… Do you understand what it do and how it works?
Nexttime I would like to make a sheme of the Software functionality…..

[attachment=623]

[attachment=624]

Here you find the PDF:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ZGSLfI...O6L4m_xuXs
Very clear to me, seems like a perfect companion to mount the Pi on.

Battery voltage would be great to sense, perhaps easiest through 1W/I2C then?
Got several battery banks, so NMEA won't do the trick.

Possible to draw the power button to outside for reboot purposes?
This board will control power to Pi, so if crash then power cycle needed.
Hi Flybob,
At the moment I design the I/O modul. This modul have additionally 4 analog inputs. They measure from 0-20V. (I have expand them from 10 to 20V) you can use up to 4 modules on an MCS so you have up to 16 analog inputs and you can measure 16 battery´s …. ;-)
There Isn´t a power button in the case. The MCS-board has an terminal where you can connect a extern switch. If the Terminal has 12V the pi starts. If the Terminal has 0V an gpio of the Pi switch to 0V and the pi shuts down by a script. after 40s the Power supply on the MCS shuts down. So now you can power the Terminal back to 12V via an extern switch and the Pi starts again...
Hi,
if someone who has a board would like to test, i have add an autoshutdown to the MCS-modul.
Now you can use it directly via the App. If you enable the Checkbox the pi should shutdown if you bring the 12V enable terminal to gnd. After 40s the MCS-PCB power off the Pi and you be able to restart the Pi....

[attachment=639]
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38