OpenMarine

Full Version: Connect ssb to rasp pi for wefax
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have Been successfully and happily using open plotter on a rpi3 for my primary navigation.  While I have gotten system working with a vesper ais, Raymarine instruments and remote tablets, I am a relative newbie with regard to the pi and linux, and I don’t use any of the OP functions beyond kplex and lan...

I have discovered the wefax function in opencpn and am trying to connect to it using my ssb. I have gotten the “retrieve” wefax function to work, but I get a failed to connect message. I’m reasonably sure I’ve got the ssb tuned correctly.

I am unsure of my audio connection between the ssb and the pi and openplotter.  I have a mini cable between the ssb headphone jack and an audio USB adapter on the pi.  I have no idea how to test if this is working, or if there is a better way. Also are there any adjustments that need to be made in OP.

Any thoughts on how to make the connection between the ssb and the pi and openplotter work would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance?

Cheers
John