OpenMarine

Full Version: [OP2] How to get Network to work again
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
RP3b+ with Moitessier. Have suspicion that my internal wlan modul is not working anymore and added a wlanUSB. For the i/net and the headless mode I am currently connected by ethernet cable and switch/router.

can't really reproduce what all I tried to get the op wlan working again.
Have de&re-installed OPnetworking but now when starting OPnetworking I see just the hourglass for ca 10sec and nothing else (no network dialog openin
I add the iwconfig and ifconfig files, any other logs I should share to get help?

[attachment=634][attachment=633][attachment=632]
Please open a terminal and type "openplotter-network" and copy here any error you get
(2019-11-21, 11:41 AM)Sailoog Wrote: [ -> ]Please open a terminal and type "openplotter-network" and copy here any error you get

pi@op3plus:~ $ openplotter-network
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/openplotter-network", line 11, in <module>
    load_entry_point('openplotterNetwork==2.0', 'console_scripts', 'openplotter-network')()
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/openplotterNetwork/openplotterNetwork.py", line 704, in main
    MyFrame().Show()
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/openplotterNetwork/openplotterNetwork.py", line 81, in __init__
    self.read_wifi_conf()
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/openplotterNetwork/openplotterNetwork.py", line 270, in read_wifi_conf
    self.read_network_interfaces()
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/openplotterNetwork/openplotterNetwork.py", line 461, in read_network_interfaces
    ni = subprocess.check_output(('iw '+phy+' info').split()).decode()
  File "/usr/lib/python3.7/subprocess.py", line 395, in check_output
    **kwargs).stdout
  File "/usr/lib/python3.7/subprocess.py", line 487, in run
    output=stdout, stderr=stderr)
subprocess.CalledProcessError: Command '['iw', 'tota', 'info']' returned non-zero exit status 1.
It seems an encoding issue. I think I can fix it on next update today or tomorrow.
Thanks sailoog for a great support - would wish commercial developers to be such responsive!
Will report back.
Try openplotter-network - 2.0.6-beta and report please

When you buy any proprietary software or hardware you are tied to the company and they know that. When you "buy" opensource stuff you are free to go, so I have to take care of you Wink
updated to 2.0.6 beta, rebooted but did not solve my issue.

load_entry_point('openplotterNetwork==2.0', 'console_scripts', 'openplotter-network')()
File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/openplotterNetwork/openplotterNetwork.py", line 711, in main
MyFrame().Show()
File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/openplotterNetwork/openplotterNetwork.py", line 79, in __init__
self.read_wifi_conf()
File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/openplotterNetwork/openplotterNetwork.py", line 277, in read_wifi_conf
File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/openplotterNetwork/openplotterNetwork.py", line 468, in read_network_interfaces
ni = subprocess.check_output(('iw '+phy+' info').split()).decode(sys.stdin.encoding)
**kwargs).stdout
subprocess.CalledProcessError: Command '['iw', 'tota', 'info']' returned non-zero exit status 1.
pi@op3plus:~ $

Any other info I could provide to help ?
OK

If you take the USB wifi device it should work, try it.

But we need to know what produces this error. Plug in the USB wifi device again and type:
ls /sys/class/net
then try this for every value you get from the previous command:
ls -l /sys/class/net/eth0/
ls -l /sys/class/net/wlan0/
and send me the output.
(2019-11-23, 03:32 PM)Sailoog Wrote: [ -> ]OK

If you take the USB wifi device it should work, try it.

But we need to know what produces this error. Plug in the USB wifi device again and type:
ls /sys/class/net
then try this for every value you get from the previous command:
ls -l /sys/class/net/eth0/
ls -l /sys/class/net/wlan0/
and send me the output.

pi@op3plus:~ $ ls /sys/class/net
eth0  lo  wlan0  wlan9
pi@op3plus:~ $ ls -l /sys/class/net/eth0
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 0 Nov 23 22:45 /sys/class/net/eth0 -> ../../devices/platform/soc/3f980000.usb/usb1/1-1/1-1.1/1-1.1.1/1-1.1.1:1.0/net/eth0
pi@op3plus:~ $ ls -l /sys/class/net/lo
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 0 Nov 23 22:45 /sys/class/net/lo -> ../../devices/virtual/net/lo
pi@op3plus:~ $ ls -l /sys/class/net/wlan0
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 0 Nov 23 22:45 /sys/class/net/wlan0 -> ../../devices/platform/soc/3f980000.usb/usb1/1-1/1-1.3/1-1.3:1.0/net/wlan0
pi@op3plus:~ $ ls -l /sys/class/net/wlan9
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 0 Nov 23 22:45 /sys/class/net/wlan9 -> ../../devices/platform/soc/3f300000.mmcnr/mmc_host/mmc1/mmc1:0001/mmc1:0001:1/net/wlan9

and reply on openplotter-network
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/openplotterNetwork/openplotterNetwork.py", line 711, in main
    MyFrame().Show()
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/openplotterNetwork/openplotterNetwork.py", line 79, in __init__
    self.read_wifi_conf()
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/openplotterNetwork/openplotterNetwork.py", line 277, in read_wifi_conf
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/openplotterNetwork/openplotterNetwork.py", line 468, in read_network_interfaces
    ni = subprocess.check_output(('iw '+phy+' info').split()).decode(sys.stdin.encoding)
    **kwargs).stdout
have now made a further test : I changed also the usb-WIFI and now open-network does start
for infor see below:

pi@op3plus:~ $ ls /sys/class/net
eth0 lo wlan0 wlan9
pi@op3plus:~ $ ls /sys/class/net/eth0
addr_assign_type dev_id link_mode power
address dev_port mtu proto_down
addr_len dormant name_assign_type queues
broadcast duplex netdev_group speed
carrier flags operstate statistics
carrier_changes gro_flush_timeout phydev subsystem
carrier_down_count ifalias phys_port_id tx_queue_len
carrier_up_count ifindex phys_port_name type
device iflink phys_switch_id uevent
pi@op3plus:~ $ ls -l /sys/class/net/eth0
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 0 Nov 24 09:43 /sys/class/net/eth0 -> ../../devices/platform/soc/3f980000.usb/usb1/1-1/1-1.1/1-1.1.1/1-1.1.1:1.0/net/eth0
pi@op3plus:~ $ ls -l /sys/class/net/lo
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 0 Nov 24 09:43 /sys/class/net/lo -> ../../devices/virtual/net/lo
pi@op3plus:~ $ ls -l /sys/class/net/wlan0
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 0 Nov 24 09:43 /sys/class/net/wlan0 -> ../../devices/platform/soc/3f300000.mmcnr/mmc_host/mmc1/mmc1:0001/mmc1:0001:1/net/wlan0
pi@op3plus:~ $ ls -l /sys/class/net/wlan9
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 0 Nov 24 09:43 /sys/class/net/wlan9 -> ../../devices/platform/soc/3f980000.usb/usb1/1-1/1-1.2/1-1.2:1.0/net/wlan9

I guess this confirms, that my onboard wlan is not functioning any more but I can configure a usb wlan.

had to change the xx.xx.xx.xx onboard to the ....usb (just a little remark - when changing the SSID and password info gets overwritten to the openplotter defaults - would be nice to keep the option to remain with previous setting)
Will try to understand why mac addresses are taken on left network panel and logical names in access point settings and how to match them.

Thanks sailoog, for your great help.
Pages: 1 2