OpenMarine

Full Version: VNH2SP30 motor driver issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello Sean and everyone, 

I am attempting to use the Monster Moto Shield as my motor driver with an Arduino Uno. Wired everything up, powered up and my motor won't budge, even with a PWM of 100%. 
Pulled DMM to measure 0.54V in one direction and 1.84V in the other on the output pins.
Then took out the motor and again DMM: 1.84V in both directions.
Input is a healthy 12.4V lead acid battery. Any idea as to what might be going on ? 

Thank you
you need to post this in the pypilot sub forum
(2020-02-12, 12:30 PM)jim321 Wrote: [ -> ]you need to post this in the pypilot sub forum

Oh, right. Sorry, I have not realized this was the OpenPlotter subforum.
Anyway, I have switched to the other onboard VNH2SP30 chip and this one is working fine. So, case closed; feel free to delete / move this topic to where it belongs.

Best regards
Multiple reports on “dead on arrival” of these boards... Glad you had a replacement already.
(2020-02-12, 07:52 PM)McNugget Wrote: [ -> ]Multiple reports on “dead on arrival” of these boards... Glad you had a replacement already.

Yeah.  I bought two VNH2SP30 boards from different suppliers, both faulty.  Then I bought a few VNH5019 boards and haven't had a problem.