OpenMarine

Full Version: PLEASE HELP! Im pulling my hair out!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Please can someone explain the following diagram to me and how to get these connections to work.

I have found a diagram on these forums. And cannot work out how the connections work.

1. There is a connection from GPSD to PyPilot. Where in PyPilot can I add a connection to GPSD? There is no option to add any other connection other then serial or UDP/TCP to SignalK.

2. How can I add a connection from GPSD to SerialK? I cannot see anywhere to add a GPSD server in SignalK? I have tried adding a SignalK server 127.0.0.1 to port 2947? GPSD is running and pulling data as if I add the GPSD connection directly to OpenCPN I get GPS data.

3. I cannot add my I2C compass. When I go to the I2C options and add a device the only devices listed are 2 devices, neither which are my device? See attached image.

Thank you for the help! Ive been trying to get my head around this now for so long!

[attachment=859]

[attachment=860]
that diagram is from openplotter 1 and obsolete

1. pypilot connect to GPSD automatically but you should use this only if you are using an autopilot.

2. there was a GPSD connection in the past but SK developers have discontinued this option if I am not wrong. You should contact them.

3. http://forum.openmarine.net/showthread.p...3#pid13043

Are you sure you need GPSD?
Thanks for the reply.

So PyPilot automatically listens for connections on 127.0.0.1:2947?

Thanks
yes, it should.
Thanks,

also lastly could you just maybe outline a good connection structure for inputting the different types of connection and outputting them.

Thanks for the help!
working on a new diagram for OP2 now
If you can assist me in getting everything working and I can get my head around the connection structure, I will do a detailed in depth blog post of the project too. This is ofcouse once I understand how everything integrates and I can get my head around things
Right now heres where im at.

Ive flashed the latest version of openplotter onto a SD card.

Ive booted and setup, ive added my serial connection /dev/ttyS0 to PyPilot and created both PyPilot connections in SignalK using the PyPilot tool.

I have the default SignalK connection in OpenCPN

I cannot get a GPS lock in openCPN.

If i run sudo cat /dev/ttyS0 I get GPS data read out.

If I add the serial connection directly to OpenCPN as serial, I get full GPS and position data.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Does this mean PyPilot detects my sensors and PyPilot is ready to use them?

[attachment=862]
Pages: 1 2