OpenMarine

Full Version: Vector palette
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
I'd like to use the Vector Palette (changes the look of vector charts to Swedish printed charts) with OpenPlotter/OpenCPN. https://opencpn.org/OpenCPN/info/vectorpalette.html
My problem is that I cant't find the folder S57data to put the chartsymbols.xml in. In fact, I can't find any ocpn program folders at all...
What am I missing??
Cheers,
Pär W
The OpenPlotter program files are in /home/pi/.config/openplotter. No idea about S57data.

One good addition to your PI is the "locate" program. You can easily and quickly find files and folders from the command line. Install it with:

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install locate
sudo updatedb

then

locate <whatever file or fragment of file name you are looking for>
/usr/share/opencpn/s57data
(2017-07-01, 08:51 PM)Sailoog Wrote: [ -> ]/usr/share/opencpn/s57data

Great. Thanks a lot!
Pär W
How do I change or edit the chart symbols file seem to be locked and can't replace of edit
(2018-07-27, 09:50 PM)Ivanm Wrote: [ -> ]How do I change or edit the chart symbols file seem to be locked and can't replace of edit

If i edit the chartsymbols file i can't  save it acces denied 
How do i get access to this folder
(2018-07-27, 09:50 PM)Ivanm Wrote: [ -> ]How do I change or edit the chart symbols file seem to be locked and can't replace of edit

try >
sudo leafpad /usr/share/opencpn/s57data/chartsymbols.xml

in a terminal. 

Or 
sudo nano /usr/share/opencpn/s57data/chartsymbols.xml

over SSH.

Maybe good idea to make a backup first.