OpenMarine

Full Version: default connections in opencpn
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have been playing with the LPS25H i2c pressure sensor.   I added in the i2c tab, it works.  Also configured the signalk server to translate to nmea0183. 

The nmea0183 is available on localhost 10110 TCP.

This is misleading because the nmea0183 tab shows 10110 as UDP.   Furthermore, the default connections in opencpn match the kplex ones, and show UDP on this port, and TCP on 10109.

I had to add a TCP connection to 10110 in opencpn to get the pressure (and magnetic heading etc) from signalk.   So, shouldn't the default connections for opencpn be changed?  It should have tcp on 10110 by default.

Anyone else doing this type of thing?

btw,  the latest source of watchdog supports wind and pressure alarms, but not in openplotter yet.

Finally, I got the barometric pressure as a gauge working in node red as well, but node red uses so much cpu and ram, that it is basically worthless.   I could never use opencpn at the same time, in fact the pi ran out of ram just using node red in chromium, and no other programs!
For i2c I use the nmea creator menu option to make an nmea sentance from signalk, it seems to go straight into kplex which sends it out again on port 10109 which Opencpn is set to listen on. Also, no problems with node red but I've never had much luck with using a web browser on the Pi at the same time as anything else, I always use a laptop or tablet on the same network to use node red.

Sent from my SGP511 using Tapatalk