OpenMarine

Full Version: Connecting Actisense NGT1 ISO version
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I have an Actisense NGT-1 (ISO version)
Perhaps I should have purchased the USB version rather than this one- but can anyone help me connect it up to my Openplotter system?
  • I have a USB-serial converter- is it best to use this, or can I connect it directly to the Raspberry PI i.e using a serial connection ??
  • Also- if posible, I would like to test it at home (before I get on the boat) If the Actisense NGT-1 is connected properly to the PI- but not to the NMEA2000 network- should I see something in Openplotter to show that it has been recognised ?

thank in advance.

Andrew
(2018-01-07, 08:37 AM)barney2074 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,

I have an Actisense NGT-1 (ISO version)
Perhaps I should have purchased the USB version rather than this one- but can anyone help me connect it up to my Openplotter system?
  • I have a USB-serial converter- is it best to use this, or can I connect it directly to the Raspberry PI i.e using a serial connection ??
  • Also- if posible, I would like to test it at home (before I get on the boat) If the Actisense NGT-1 is connected properly to the PI- but not to the NMEA2000 network- should I see something in Openplotter to show that it has been recognised ?

thank in advance.

Andrew

Did you ever figure this out?
Hi

Yes, I did
I used the $20 serial-USB conveyer and it works well

Let me know if you have a specific qu

Andrew

Converter not conveyor..