OpenMarine
Opencpn-Preferences got lost after shut down the PI! - Printable Version

+- OpenMarine (https://forum.openmarine.net)
+-- Forum: OpenPlotter (https://forum.openmarine.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: How do I...? (https://forum.openmarine.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Opencpn-Preferences got lost after shut down the PI! (/showthread.php?tid=1545)

Opencpn-Preferences got lost after shut down the PI! - Werner_K - 2018-10-21

Hello,

when I've set up Opencpn with all my preferences they simply got lost after shutting down the PI and started again. Opencpn always comes up by new start with its default preferences, but not with mine! This includes the path to the charts, devices, plugins, country specifics, and so on.
What is this? An issue or something else? It takes my nerves!
Any hint how to fix this?

Best Regards
Werner

Opencpn-Preferences got lost after shut down the PI! - Geronius - 2018-10-21

What's the platform? Linux, Windows or Android? Depending on that, you can figure out, where to search for relevant log files
G.

Gesendet von meinem unknown mit Tapatalk

RE: Opencpn-Preferences got lost after shut down the PI! - Werner_K - 2018-10-21

(2018-10-21, 09:02 AM)Geronius Wrote: What's the platform? Linux, Windows or Android? Depending on that, you can figure out, where to search for relevant log files
G.

Gesendet von meinem unknown mit Tapatalk
It's OpenPlotter, basing on Rasbian OS, actual Version. Opencpn 4.8.6.
I'm suspicious about a certain plugin that causes the issue. Trying to find out.

Best Regards,
Werner

Got it! Damn, it was the oeSENC 2.4 plugin, that caused the problem! So warnings also to other users, if activated oeSENC plugin Opencpn does return to all default preferences when started anew after shutting down! Don't know whether this happens comprehensively on other RPI-Installations also, but if so here's the probably reason!

Best regards,
Werner

Opencpn-Preferences got lost after shut down the PI! - Geronius - 2018-10-26

I can't confirm that issue on my rpi - using the same oeSenc module, openCPN doesn't lose any settings...
Michael

RE: Opencpn-Preferences got lost after shut down the PI! - Werner_K - 2018-10-26

(2018-10-26, 07:18 PM)Geronius Wrote: I can't confirm that issue on my rpi - using the same oeSenc module, openCPN doesn't lose any settings...
Michael
Be happy! I could confirm it twice, at now. I tried every plugin, and with oeSENC it happened.

Best Regards,
Werner

RE: Opencpn-Preferences got lost after shut down the PI! - Didier B - 2018-10-30

I can confirm it happens (loosing OCPN preferences), randomly, with a frequency of 1/2 ...
I save my preferences by coping in /.opencpn the configfile to a config.bak, and when preferences are lost, just copy it back.
Also needed a complete rebuild the data base in OCPN options, and it is back to work ...

RE: Opencpn-Preferences got lost after shut down the PI! - Werner_K - 2018-10-31

(2018-10-30, 05:55 PM)Didier B Wrote: I can confirm it happens (loosing OCPN preferences), randomly, with a frequency of 1/2 ...
I save my preferences by coping in /.opencpn the configfile to a config.bak, and when preferences are lost, just copy it back.
Also needed a complete rebuild the data base in OCPN options, and it is back to work ...
Though since I did not get lost my saved preferences again, just by avoiding the oeSENC-plugin, you suggested a good idea! You never know...
So I will do so, too.
Thanks! :-)

Regards,
Werner