OpenMarine
connect openplotter With OpenCPN Android app - Printable Version

+- OpenMarine (https://forum.openmarine.net)
+-- Forum: OpenPlotter (https://forum.openmarine.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Feature Requests (https://forum.openmarine.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: connect openplotter With OpenCPN Android app (/showthread.php?tid=180)

connect openplotter With OpenCPN Android app - Ewald Harmsen - 2016-08-07

Their is currently already an nice opencpn available on Android. Input from openplotter is possible wich is great.

It would be even better if sending routes or waypoints to openplotter was also possible. If it is possible at all

RE: Fijne toon With Open CPN app - PaddyB - 2016-08-08

(2016-08-07, 07:46 PM)Ewald Harmsen Wrote: It would be even better if sending routes or waypoints to openplotter was also possible. If it is possible at all
I use an android program called Tasker to do the opposite. Tasker isn't that easy to program, but I wrote a macro which copies this file from the Pi - /home/pi/.opencpn/navobj.xml to here on the Android tablet - /storage/sdcard0/Android/data/org.opencpn.opencpn/files
It does it over wifi, all I have to do is press an icon on the Android tablet then all the routes, tracks, waypoints etc on the Pi are copied to the android tablet. Works great. It also backs up any tracks recorded on the Android.
You could also do the reverse, copy routes etc from the android tablet to the Pi.

Sent from my SGP511 using Tapatalk

RE: Fijne toon With Open CPN app - Ewald Harmsen - 2016-08-08

Thanks for the info, Will try that.

I suspected that when I activate a route in the open cpn app it would go to kplex and then trough to my GPS repeater but that is not the case. Zo I have to activate it on the rpi still. I have added Both an outbound and an innbound (working) connection to kplex in the app

RE: connect openplotter With OpenCPN Android app - Ewald Harmsen - 2016-08-23

Actually, why does it not work?

In my opencpn app I have the Same connections as in opencpn on openplotter, except that localhost is now 10.10.10.1.
I receive GPS data but when I activate a route it is not send trough. It works With the default opencpn.

Whats the difference?

Tested it With my laptop. Did not work as well. Same results. Input works fine. RMB output seems not working.

RE: connect openplotter With OpenCPN Android app - Ewald Harmsen - 2017-04-12

I am still curious how this can be made working.

So what I want to do:
1) Create a route in OpenCPN on my Android Tablet, which has connections to Openplotter over the WiFi.
2) Openplotter (kplex) sends the route data to my autopilot and GPS repeater.

ANybody an idea?

RE: connect openplotter With OpenCPN Android app - PaddyB - 2017-04-29

(2017-04-12, 11:00 AM)Ewald Harmsen Wrote: I am still curious how this can be made working.

So what I want to do:
1) Create a route in OpenCPN on my Android Tablet, which has connections to Openplotter over the WiFi.
2) Openplotter (kplex) sends the route data to my autopilot and GPS repeater.

ANybody an idea?
Using something like astro file manager you can transfer the navobj.xml, navobj.xml1.. from the tablet opencpn folder   over to the opencn folder on the Pi, the route will now also be in opencpn on the Pi (you might want to back up Pi files first) . Then use opencpn on the Pi to send the data to the autopilot. Sorry, not very detailed . One day I might get round to write a node-red flow to automate all this, I have the navobj files usually synced between the Pi, tablet and my laptop.

RE: connect openplotter With OpenCPN Android app - Alexia - 2023-11-11

OpenPlotter and the OpenCPN Android app have been successfully connected to enable smooth sailing. By improving real-time data availability, the integration offers a dependable and effective sailing experience. I heartily suggest this service to everyone who enjoys sailing or the sea. Cool

hello guys

hello guys welcome to this page community

love this page admin and love al.so this member

RE: connect openplotter With OpenCPN Android app - baltika_no_9 - 2023-11-11

^^^^
Good to see that AI isn't quite ready to represent an existential threat to the future of humanity.

RE: connect openplotter With OpenCPN Android app - jim321 - 2023-11-11

it has not tried to sell anything yet Smile
mods are keeping an eye out.. theirs been a few iffy post lately..

RE: connect openplotter With OpenCPN Android app - Rashid65 - 2024-03-26

Is there a way to get the GPS and other data into Navonics, or other apps on Android and Apple devices?