OpenMarine
First test on a Lagoon 620 - Printable Version

+- OpenMarine (https://forum.openmarine.net)
+-- Forum: Pypilot (https://forum.openmarine.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: General discussion (https://forum.openmarine.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Thread: First test on a Lagoon 620 (/showthread.php?tid=1981)

First test on a Lagoon 620 - Jlsail - 2019-09-09

Hi
Yesterday I tried my pypilot for the first time.
I have the tinypilot computer and hydraulic controller from Sean.
The boat is a 62 feet catamaran with hydraulic steering. We already have a B&G system with a H5000 autopilot.
All the gains was standard as received from Sean. Didn’t have the rudder sensor connected so we had to check the B&G one already installed not to break anything.
Motoring in open ocean with some swell from behind.
Was just going to turn on to see that everything was working as a first test.
But it worked so good that we was running it for 30 minutes! It kept the course almost as good as the B&G (4000$ system) without changing any gains!!!

Small problems, opencpn plugin crash on windows when try to open calibration tab (used a raspberry instead) Windows 10 on a Dell XPS 13

The web interface has 10 2 2 10 course changes instead of 10 1 1 10, where do I change that? 

Now I need to install the rudder sensor, play with the gains and build a housing for my wireless WiFi remote.....

Thanks Sean!

Johan

RE: First test on a Lagoon 620 - rastam4n - 2019-09-09

(2019-09-09, 03:31 PM)Jlsail Wrote: Hi
The boat is a 62 feet catamaran with hydraulic steering. We already have a B&G system with a H5000 autopilot.
All the gains was standard as received from Sean. Didn’t have the rudder sensor connected so we had to check the B&G one already installed not to break anything.
But it worked so good that we was running it for 30 minutes! It kept the course almost as good as the B&G (4000$ system) without changing any gains!!!

Small problems, opencpn plugin crash on windows when try to open calibration tab (used a raspberry instead) Windows 10 on a Dell XPS 13

The web interface has 10 2 2 10 course changes instead of 10 1 1 10, where do I change that? 

Now I need to install the rudder sensor, play with the gains and build a housing for my wireless WiFi remote.....

Thanks Sean!

Johan

If you adjust those settings in the Opencpn-pypilot plugin configuration tab I think it updates the buttons for the TP webapp (not instantly but it happens), there seems to be more communication happening then just which way to turn.

RE: First test on a Lagoon 620 - Jlsail - 2019-09-09

(2019-09-09, 07:56 PM)rastam4n Wrote:
(2019-09-09, 03:31 PM)Jlsail Wrote: Hi

Thanks Sean!

Johan

If you adjust those settings in the Opencpn-pypilot plugin configuration tab I think it updates the buttons for the TP webapp (not instantly but it happens), there seems to be more communication happening then just which way to turn.

I was running my tinypilot and opencpn plug-in on a raspberry pi4 for 12 hours yesterday and it didn’t update the web app. Tried on a windows computer today and it doesn’t seems to change the web app either (only tested for 30 minutes). 
Not a big problem, so I will leave it for now.

Johan

RE: First test on a Lagoon 620 - seandepagnier - 2019-09-10

The webapp should update after "sudo apt install python-gevent-websocket"

RE: First test on a Lagoon 620 - Apex - 2019-09-10

(2019-09-10, 01:23 AM)seandepagnier Wrote: The webapp should update after "sudo apt install python-gevent-websocket"

I must do something wrong, ssh in to the tinypilot running the command I get.
Sudo: apt:  command not found
It works to run the command on the raspberry pi4

Johan

RE: First test on a Lagoon 620 - seandepagnier - 2019-09-10

You must run this command from the machine running the web server