OpenMarine
[SOLVED][OP2] Latest beta does not boot on RPI3+ with Moitessier HAT 1 - Printable Version

+- OpenMarine (https://forum.openmarine.net)
+-- Forum: OpenPlotter (https://forum.openmarine.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Bug Reports (https://forum.openmarine.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: [SOLVED][OP2] Latest beta does not boot on RPI3+ with Moitessier HAT 1 (/showthread.php?tid=2252)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: [OP2] Latest beta does not boot on RPI3+ with Moitessier HAT 1 - Rooco - 2020-02-03

(2020-02-02, 10:11 PM)emilecantin Wrote: @Rooco, unfortunately I can't test these steps, as I already updated my HAT's firmware earlier. Thanks for the fix, though! Am I correct in assuming that a new release including these fixes will eliminate the manual step you mentioned above? That'd be great for other, less tech-savvy users.

Thanks for the input. The next release will automatically enable SPI and I2C interface in /boot/config.txt, if the Moitessier package is installed.

RE: [OP2] Latest beta does not boot on RPI3+ with Moitessier HAT 1 - Sailoog - 2020-02-05

(2020-02-02, 10:11 PM)emilecantin Wrote: @Rooco, unfortunately I can't test these steps, as I already updated my HAT's firmware earlier. Thanks for the fix, though! Am I correct in assuming that a new release including these fixes will eliminate the manual step you mentioned above? That'd be great for other, less tech-savvy users.

New OpenPlotter images are in the oven for all editions. Moitessier package 1.5.1 will be pre-installed so only a big warning for Moitessier HAT 1 user will be neccesary, somethink like "Reinstall the package even if it works to update the firmware"

RE: [SOLVED][OP2] Latest beta does not boot on RPI3+ with Moitessier HAT 1 - SkipperEarly - 2020-02-08

sorry but was solved but not anymore! Had the Moit-hat 1 working again and just performed update, upgrade and also updated the OP parts to the latest.
Rpi 4 with Moit 1

after reboot I lost network capabilities and cannot configure neither network nor I2C etc 
see yourself:

anything addl info I should provide to help solving this issue?

RE: [SOLVED][OP2] Latest beta does not boot on RPI3+ with Moitessier HAT 1 - SkipperEarly - 2020-02-10

FWIW after some more testing:
- deinstalled moitessier hat, also disconnected from rpi4
- reboot
again in raspi config I see SPI and I2C switched on but OP check shows disabled !!!!
Any explanation for this????

- reinstalled moitesseier hat and OP Moitessier but no success

will now start with new install again.

RE: [SOLVED][OP2] Latest beta does not boot on RPI3+ with Moitessier HAT 1 - Sailoog - 2020-02-10

You have really strange issues not related to Moitessier hat.

If you have updated to the latest kernel you should have 4.19.97 but you have 4.19.93.

Please try this:

sudo apt update
sudo apt upgrade

reboot

go to openplotter-settings and reinstall openplotter-network app from there.
Then open a terminal and type openplotter-network to see if you get any error.
Please open a new thread.