OpenMarine
[CLOSED] OP2 Serial Alias warning on Check System screen - Printable Version

+- OpenMarine (https://forum.openmarine.net)
+-- Forum: OpenPlotter (https://forum.openmarine.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Bug Reports (https://forum.openmarine.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: [CLOSED] OP2 Serial Alias warning on Check System screen (/showthread.php?tid=2370)

[CLOSED] OP2 Serial Alias warning on Check System screen - paul42 - 2020-02-24

RPi4B 4GB - OP2 2.0.27-stable Serial 2.0.5-stable Cpn 5.0.0 all others up-to-date

I gave Alias names in the serial app. For the ttyACM0 which links to Signal K no problem.

Cpn doesn't see the Alias USB0 from the serial app & creates it's own connection.

This results in a warning message that the Alias is not set. There is no way to correct this that I can find.

Screenshots attached.

Not an issue as such as all works fine, just be nice to clear the warning.

Thanks, Paul

RE: OP2 Serial Alias warning on Check System screen - Sailoog - 2020-02-24

You do not need to create any USB serial connection in opencpn. Opencpn should have just a network connection: localhost 10110 TCP (the SK connection).

Then you should connect both serial NMEA 0183 devices to signal k in serial app - connections tab. Data from both devices will de available in TCP localhost 10110 multiplexed.

RE: [CLOSED] OP2 Serial Alias warning on Check System screen - paul42 - 2020-02-24

Thanks,

So I have set 10110 in Cpn to output as well as input.

Used the serial app & clicked on Add to SigK, set 9,600B. However looking at the Connections in SigK it looks as if that's just for inputs, I want to send 0183 data out from SigK assuming it gets it directly from Cpn via 10110 without any other settings.

The Convert SigK to NMEA0183 is active

I am sure I am missing something here? I haven't found any documentation to help with this, is there any around?

Paul

RE: [CLOSED] OP2 Serial Alias warning on Check System screen - Sailoog - 2020-02-24

You did not mentioned you want a serial output. Until the kplex app is published you can do this from opencpn. Create in opencpn a serial output and type the alias (opencpn will not found aliases).

If you are connecting NMEA 0183 data to signal k you do not need to convert signal k data into NMEA 0183. Disable Signal k to NMEA 0183 plugin.

Do not send data back to TCP localhost 10110! you are creating a data loop. Disable output in opencpn for localhost 10110 TCP.

Not docs yet, working on it.

RE: [CLOSED] OP2 Serial Alias warning on Check System screen - paul42 - 2020-02-24

Thanks, thought it was slowing!

Sorry about the missed important bit  Sad

Typing in the Alias when creating the connection in Cpn creates a duplicate connection in red in OP2 Serial without the "ttyUSB0" device entry, so that won't work. I just selected the port in Cpn & then it works ok with the Alias warning on boot.

Perfectly usable Cool

Thanks for the help.

RE: [CLOSED] OP2 Serial Alias warning on Check System screen - Sailoog - 2020-02-24

Have you tried typing "/dev/ttyOP_nmeaout"?

Do not worry, normal confusions without docs. Hopefully we can say RTFM soon Smile

Yes I typed it exactly as it was shown in your Serial app.

Maybe I should delete the existing device in the serial app first, i didn't do that.

EDIT:
No I Didn't, i missed the /dev/
Now it works & no error.

Thanks again
Paul