OpenMarine
0.9.0 Node-red crash - Printable Version

+- OpenMarine (https://forum.openmarine.net)
+-- Forum: OpenPlotter (https://forum.openmarine.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Bug Reports (https://forum.openmarine.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: 0.9.0 Node-red crash (/showthread.php?tid=238)

0.9.0 Node-red crash - gniersma - 2016-12-08

Thanks for this new version !

I'm playing around, with node-red and node dashboard on a raspberry Pi 3
Created a dashboard with temp  + pressure based on the example flows in node-red. This worked fine.
Used an external web-browser to configure
System was running now for one day, but unfortunately it now shows disconnect page.
After reboot of the system i see in task manager that "node" is busy with say 25 % CPU load, And I can connect with my web browser to the server.
after 1 minute, the "node" task goes down to 0% and the browser disconnects.
Again reboot same result
The rest of the processes on openplotter seems to continue.
Checked diskspace = enough

Of course I can install an new image. But maybe we can find the root cause

G.

RE: 0.9.0 Node-red crash - desolina-nz - 2016-12-11

i've also been having some trouble with node-red and OP 0.9. I find it always dies on me after a couple of hours, and often the whole system crashes and I need to turn the power off and on to reboot the raspberry (i'm using a raspberry pi 2)

Does anyone know if there are any logs I can look at to troubleshoot it?

version 0.9 is awesome btw! Loving the dashboards and the ease of set up Smile

Dave

RE: 0.9.0 Node-red crash - Sailoog - 2016-12-15

node-red needs more work and testing, do you have any terminal feedback after crashing?

To stop/start node-red from terminal and check errors messages:

pkill -f node-red
node-red-pi --max-old-space-size=128

RE: 0.9.0 Node-red crash - sailsunfurled - 2017-01-22

I too had Node-Red crash and not respond. Reboot the Pi, stop and stop Node-Red did not fix. CPU load was around 28%. I did find that I could re-load my Node-Red flow and get it back working for a few hours, then crash with the same symptoms.

I reloaded 0.9.0 on a fresh SD card, rebuilt the Node-Red Flow, still crash.
Tried only building one node in a fresh flow, then seeing if Node-Red crashed in a few hours, kept adding nodes, wait a few hours, adding more nodes. It would crash after I added the 3rd or forth node.

In Node-Red I am reading InsideTemp, OutsideTemp, Lat/Long, Humidity, Pressure, several 1W temperature probes, Switch closures, controlling relays with closures, Magnetic Heading, GPS data...etc.  

I tried the above in different combinations to see what and where Node-Red would fail.

I wanted to see if the mixture of OpenPlotter and Node-Red on the same Pi may be the problem.

I loaded up a non OpenPlotter Pi2 running Raspian  and rebuilt Node-Red on that Pi and networked to a Pi2 running OpenPlotter 0.9.0 and read the SignalK on port 3000.

Node-Red seam stable on the Node-Red only Pi2. I then built a flow using everything the SignalK server was outputting on the OpenPlotter Pi. Trying to really load down the Node-Red server.

It has been stable for 24 Hours without a crash.