OpenMarine
[SOLVED] Temp, Humidity, Pressure - Format - Printable Version

+- OpenMarine (https://forum.openmarine.net)
+-- Forum: OpenPlotter (https://forum.openmarine.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Bug Reports (https://forum.openmarine.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: [SOLVED] Temp, Humidity, Pressure - Format (/showthread.php?tid=472)

Pages: 1 2

[SOLVED] Temp, Humidity, Pressure - Format - Alpenskipper - 2017-04-29

Hi,

The format of the o.m. sensors could be shortend, the temperature value ist reported wrong.
The decimal of the pressure value is wrong.

[Image: ad66f60663e300589281ad68c0bade86.jpg]

[Image: f05fe950f9be82107427c41d06b67932.jpg]

Temp, Humidity, Pressure - Format - Alpenskipper - 2017-04-30

Update:

The temperature in messages or emails is not converted in Celsius, they are still Kelvin.
The conversion in Unit settings is correct, in Signal K diagnostics the temperature is converted.

RE: Temp, Humidity, Pressure - Format - Sailoog - 2017-05-02

I2C sensors are buggy, they will be fixed on next update.

Kelvin is the default unit fro temperature in signal k. that means that all sensors should send this in kelvin. Signal k clients like Signal k diagnostic instruments panels are in charge of convert units but the signal k database of openplotter will be always in kelvin. Actions work always with the signal k database.

RE: Temp, Humidity, Pressure - Format - Sailoog - 2017-05-16

This should have been fixed on latest updates, could you check please?

RE: Temp, Humidity, Pressure - Format - Alpenskipper - 2017-05-18

I tested my I2C sensors with 0.11.7

One test with 0x76 and then 0x77 für the BMP180.

The humidity is working, but with wrong format. The rest of the sensor data does not show up.

RE: Temp, Humidity, Pressure - Format - e-sailing - 2017-05-18

(2017-05-18, 12:31 PM)Alpenskipper Wrote: I tested my I2C sensors with 0.11.7

One test with 0x76 and then 0x77 für the BMP180.

The humidity is working, but with wrong format. The rest of the sensor data does not show up.

There is something wrong with the autodection on RTIMULib at openplotter/imu files detected_RTIMULib.ini RTIMULib.ini

It should be:

BusIsI2C=true
I2CBus=1
SPIBus=0
SPISelect=0
PressureType=2
I2CPressureAddress=119

After changing to these settings it should work.

RE: Temp, Humidity, Pressure - Format - Alpenskipper - 2017-05-22

After the corrections of the ini Files and a reboot the sensors are working fine!

But...
In temperature and humidity the offsets are working, in pressure, the offset ist ignored.

No problem for most of the users, as they sail on the sea, but for me, momentarily sailing on lake constance in 400 m above sea level, I should add an offset of 46 to get the air pressure related to sea level.

RE: Temp, Humidity, Pressure - Format - Sailoog - 2017-05-22

Pressure offset is working right. Remember, pressure unit is Pa, not hPa. You have to add 4600 Pa.

RE: Temp, Humidity, Pressure - Format - Alpenskipper - 2017-05-22

Great! Working perfect now.

In the Signal K Explorer, all conversions (C -> F) are done correctly. But the messages (e.g. Email) are sent unconverted. Any chance to change this behavior?

And one more question: Is the a "weather " recording, as is was in 0.8? Excel compatible Data logging would be great.

RE: Temp, Humidity, Pressure - Format - Sailoog - 2017-05-23

We have to think a way to convert SK default values...
No, now there is not data logging. Thinking of the best way to save SK values...

Marking this thread as solved, open a new one in requested features forum if you need. Thanks.