OpenMarine
OpenPlotter 4 roadmap - Printable Version

+- OpenMarine (https://forum.openmarine.net)
+-- Forum: OpenPlotter (https://forum.openmarine.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General discussion (https://forum.openmarine.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: OpenPlotter 4 roadmap (/showthread.php?tid=5060)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

RE: OpenPlotter 4 roadmap - PaddyB - 2024-04-29

(2024-04-29, 12:45 PM)John Stovin Wrote: This doesn't seem to work for my SensESP project.

I can connect with no problem to a Pi4 running OP3 but no matter what I try (including the above suggestion), the SensESP example app refuses to connect to either a Pi4 or a Pi5 running OP4. 

I think this is a SensESP issue - every other device I have tried is very happy to connect to a hotspot set up under OP4.

Any clues gratefully accepted - I'd really like to update to Pi5/OP4 but this is a dealbreaker at the moment.

John

I've never been able to get an ESP to connect to a Pi creating both a wifi network and connecting to a wifi network at the same time using just the internal wifi adaptor if that's what you're trying to do. From memory think it worked using a separate usb/wifi dongle to connect to  the external network. Using the internal adaptor to do both has always been a bit unstable, now just connect to to updates.

RE: OpenPlotter 4 roadmap - dreuge - 2024-04-29

(2024-04-29, 03:05 PM)PaddyB Wrote:
(2024-04-29, 12:45 PM)John Stovin Wrote: This doesn't seem to work for my SensESP project.

I can connect with no problem to a Pi4 running OP3 but no matter what I try (including the above suggestion), the SensESP example app refuses to connect to either a Pi4 or a Pi5 running OP4. 

I think this is a SensESP issue - every other device I have tried is very happy to connect to a hotspot set up under OP4.

Any clues gratefully accepted - I'd really like to update to Pi5/OP4 but this is a dealbreaker at the moment.

John

I've never been able to get an ESP to connect to a Pi creating both a wifi network and connecting to a wifi network at the same time using just the internal wifi adaptor if that's what you're trying to do. From memory think it worked using a separate usb/wifi dongle to connect to  the external network. Using the internal adaptor to do both has always been a bit unstable, now just connect to to updates.

I had a similar problem moving my SensESP devices over to a new Pi5/OP4.  It drove me nuts too.  The problem is a bug in the code that has the SensESP device use the old stored sk_server value as defaults and ignores new hard coded and flashed values via code like ->set_sk_server("10.42.0.1", 3000).  

It is an easy fix.  Just connect to the SensESP device web interface and use the setup page to change to the new configuration.

For example if you use  SensESPAppBuilder->set_hostname("Engine-Monitor-SensESP") then connect to the device via http://Engine-Monitor-SensESP.local and click on the setup page to make your update.

SV Johanna Rose

RE: OpenPlotter 4 roadmap - Boatingbaileys - 2024-04-29

(2024-04-29, 03:05 PM)PaddyB Wrote:
(2024-04-29, 12:45 PM)John Stovin Wrote:

I agree, I have managed to get mine to work but it’s very unstable. I did the early virtual adapter fix and then later it was introduced as a feature again in OP. My phone will connect better than the esp but it randomly disconnects or is just unstable to use.

As PaddyB say either run two WiFi nics or just connect to the internet and then disconnect back to the hotspot and it will work.

RE: OpenPlotter 4 roadmap - Sailoog - 2024-04-29

The client/access point connection using the same device has never been reliable for data transmission, even in openplotter 3. For critical data you need a dedicated device.

RE: OpenPlotter 4 roadmap - TVR - 2024-04-30

AIS-Catcher has been working perfectly for 4 days, but this morning the service had stopped. I restarted it but it stopped again this afternoon. Is there any log output or debugging info I can provide?

RE: OpenPlotter 4 roadmap - Sailoog - 2024-05-03

Checking the log:

journalctl -b ais-catcher

RE: OpenPlotter 4 roadmap - sebba - 2024-05-07

Hello,
The seatalk input is it working for RPi 4? I see it is not ready for RPi 5 but I'm not sure about RPi4.
Thank you

RE: OpenPlotter 4 roadmap - Philbo - 2024-05-08

(2024-05-07, 10:24 AM)sebba Wrote: Hello,
The seatalk input is it working for RPi 4? I see it is not ready for RPi 5 but I'm not sure about RPi4.
Thank you

Just trying it myself, doesn't appear to be working. GPIO app page for sea talk is non functional. Would love to know if there is an estimated timeline for this as all my instruments are ST1.

RE: OpenPlotter 4 roadmap - Sailoog - 2024-05-09

Seatalk1 feature is only working in openplotter v3 and Raspberry model 4. For Raspberry model 5 you need openplotter v4 and the seatalk1 feature have to be rewritten to work in both models. It is not a trivial task so we will work on this when the stable openplotter v4 is released so as not to delay it. Our human resources and time are limited and some help here would be fantastic. In the meantime, someone may present a solution but I do not think anyone is working on this.

RE: OpenPlotter 4 roadmap - Max1947 - 2024-05-09

Smile  OP4 + MacArthur on PI5 4GB + SSD

Everything ok, on the desk, forward so and good wind, always!

see:foto