OpenMarine
[SOLVED] minor: need to restart functions in various tabs after reboot/update - Printable Version

+- OpenMarine (https://forum.openmarine.net)
+-- Forum: OpenPlotter (https://forum.openmarine.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Bug Reports (https://forum.openmarine.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: [SOLVED] minor: need to restart functions in various tabs after reboot/update (/showthread.php?tid=706)

[SOLVED] minor: need to restart functions in various tabs after reboot/update - Saqqara - 2017-08-25

I find that after I reboot I have to restart NMEA, restart I2C, restart 1 wire, etc from each of these tabs individually to get the data flowing again.

It may be that this only occurs after an openplotter update, as that's often why I am rebooting.

It's a very small thing, but eventually I can see wanting it to all just come up working, in some applications. 

Or even a scheduled update, or "update and shutdown" option to use routinely.

RE: minor: need to restart functions in various tabs after reboot/update - Sailoog - 2017-08-27

Please open a terminal and type startup restart to see if there is any prblem with signal k initialization.
For some /dev/ttyACMx devices you need to set a delay in "Startup" tab because they need some time to be initiated by system.

RE: minor: need to restart functions in various tabs after reboot/update - Alpenskipper - 2017-09-04

Hi!

I have the same problem with a 0.15 fresh installation. I always need to restart Signal K to make the GPIO input working after a reboot.

"startup restart" does not produce errors and Signal K is working after the command. Anyways, after a reboot I need to restart Signal K manually.

Martin

Update: As far as I can test from remote, a delay of 10 seconds in the startup tab did the job.

RE: minor: need to restart functions in various tabs after reboot/update - Sailoog - 2017-09-08

Saqqara hay you tried this:

"Please open a terminal and type startup restart to see if there is any prblem with signal k initialization.
For some /dev/ttyACMx devices you need to set a delay in "Startup" tab because they need some time to be initiated by system. "

RE: minor: need to restart functions in various tabs after reboot/update - Sailoog - 2017-09-15

Saqqara I would need more info about this. I need to close issues to go forward...

minor: need to restart functions in various tabs after reboot/update - Alpenskipper - 2017-09-15

I had the same Problem. 10 sec delay fixed it.

RE: minor: need to restart functions in various tabs after reboot/update - Saqqara - 2017-09-17

Sorry for the slow feedback.

After upgrading to version 0.15.1 I once again had to restart things on the various tabs. However, when I reboot I don't have to restart them. And perhaps that is how it always was, because generally when I reboot it was because I upgraded.

In the name of science, I set a 10 second delay then forced an update. After it rebooted, it was not necessary to restart the sensors.

It seems likely the delay solved it.

RE: minor: need to restart functions in various tabs after reboot/update - Sailoog - 2017-09-19

science will be eternally grateful to you for those 10 seconds Tongue

thanks for testing