OpenMarine
How to use 1W data? - Printable Version

+- OpenMarine (https://forum.openmarine.net)
+-- Forum: OpenPlotter (https://forum.openmarine.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: How do I...? (https://forum.openmarine.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: How to use 1W data? (/showthread.php?tid=870)

Pages: 1 2 3

How to use 1W data? - Arruba - 2017-11-22

I have hooked a couple of temperature sensor to 1W and I can see the correct value in SK Diagnostic, after adding it. 
Now, how can I show this data? 
I show other data using Dashboard plugin, but in Preferences/Add I cant see my values. Take a look at the picture attached. Can I edit the values indicated an add mine?
In the second attached picture I can see that my sensor work, but there is a way to personalize?

Sorry, I am not able to attach images...

RE: How to use 1W data? - jim321 - 2017-11-22

did you choose environmental water temperature for the signal k key in the 1wire tab?
i just added mine to the dash just now it works for me
i changed it to environmental outside temperature and added air temp to dash that worked also

sent you a private message about posting photos

RE: How to use 1W data? - Arruba - 2017-11-23

(2017-11-22, 09:04 PM)jim321 Wrote: did you choose environmental water temperature for the signal k key in the 1wire tab?
i just added mine to the dash just now it works for me
i changed it to environmental outside temperature and added air temp to dash that worked also

sent you a private message about posting photos

I'll try again to post pictures;
thank you, later I'll try your way to do.

OK, uploading problem solved: if the image is too large AND not always I was warned.
Only after converting to png I received the alert, then resized the jpeg and the images uploaded.

RE: How to use 1W data? - e-sailing - 2017-11-23

You want opencpn to show your sensor data.
Opencpn is able to read nmea 0183.
So you need to generate nmea 0183 data from SignalK data.
Tools>NMEA0183 generator opencpn default.
(if you want to show the values in other units edit the sentences in NMEA0183 generator farenheit instead of celsius)

RE: How to use 1W data? - jim321 - 2017-11-23

''(if you want to show the values in other units edit the sentences in NMEA0183 generator farenheit instead of celsius)"
thanks didn't know about that one works good.
jim

RE: How to use 1W data? - Arruba - 2017-11-24

(2017-11-23, 06:58 PM)e-sailing Wrote: You want opencpn to show your sensor data.
Opencpn is able to read nmea 0183.
So you need to generate nmea 0183 data from SignalK data.
Tools>NMEA0183 generator  opencpn default.
(if you want to show the values in other units edit the sentences in NMEA0183 generator farenheit instead of celsius)

Thank you, but the problem is another. I does not see (take a look at my first image posted) in that window my signal I generated with NMEA0183 generator. And more, opencpn default does not insert my 1W temperature sensors, and I have to insert by hand.
Perhaps the last field is important, but I does founds any documentation.

Monday (I am away from my testing position for the week end) I'll post some more image and a more detailed description, and also that when I insert a new sensor the old temperature which came from BMP280 hooked to I2C bus change...

RE: How to use 1W data? - jim321 - 2017-11-24

tools "nmea 0183 generator" opencpn defaults

RE: How to use 1W data? - Arruba - 2017-11-24

(2017-11-24, 11:49 AM)jim321 Wrote: tools "nmea 0183 generator" opencpn defaults

yes, Jim, I know.
opencpn defaults does not insert the 1W sensors; they must be inserted by hand with the Add button.
Perhaps the problem is on the name, i.e. the ENV_OTAIR_T
Monday I'll post the image of my setting foot the 1W sensor.

RE: How to use 1W data? - jim321 - 2017-11-24

"opencpn defaults does not insert the 1W sensors"

i does for me i just reinstalled today and all i did was add the defaults in nmea0183 gen and changed it to fahrenheit then added temperature to dash on open cpn. shows up in open cpn on raspberry pi and on my laptop's open cpn getting data thru openplotter's ap..
check your settings in open cpn connections..
also a reboot may be required ..?
thats all i can think of that could be a problem

these are temperature's that are installed with default setting, bottom one is water temp.

one wire setup

jim

RE: How to use 1W data? - richarddaneel - 2017-11-26

(2017-11-22, 08:12 PM)Arruba Wrote: I have hooked a couple of temperature sensor to 1W and I can see the correct value in SK Diagnostic, after adding it. 
Now, how can I show this data? 
I show other data using Dashboard plugin, but in Preferences/Add I cant see my values. Take a look at the picture attached. Can I edit the values indicated an add mine?
In the second attached picture I can see that my sensor work, but there is a way to personalize?

Sorry, I am not able to attach images...

Hi Arruba
Please can you tell me which GPIO pin you used for the 1W temp sensors. Please PM me at richard@sprs.co.za  many thanks