This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Temperature Value not shown in OpenCpn
Dear all,

I have a Waveshare 10DOF IMU BMP280 connected to my Raspberry Pi 2 running the latest OpenPlotter. 
It shows pitch, roll, temperature but no pressure in Opencpn on my Laptop. The pressure is shown though in the "diagnostic signalk" window, as well as in OpenCpn running directly on the raspberry(!). See screenshot attached. 

It is not shown, when I access the NMEA data from OpenCpn running on my laptop. In the NMEA debug-window, it shows that its getting NMEA Data for the pressure, see picture attached. It just doesnt display the pressure in the OpenCpn dashboard. See other screenshot. 

What could be the problem? 

Regards
Max 
No screenshot attached!
I assume you use OpenPlotter on the rpi and you have already set the NMEA 183 generator MDA or XDR sentences.
In older versions of Ocpn only MDA was recognized now I believe both are used.
Anyhow I always set both but keep the frequency down to 5 sec to reduce traffic.

my2cents
(2018-09-20, 06:53 AM)SkipperEarly Wrote: No screenshot attached!
I assume you use OpenPlotter on the rpi and you have already set the NMEA 183 generator MDA or XDR sentences.
In older versions of Ocpn only MDA was recognized now I believe both are used.
Anyhow I always set both but keep the frequency down to 5 sec to reduce traffic.

my2cents

It would let me attach the screenshots, returned an error. 
I have set up the NMEA Generator, just used the default OpenCpn button.
Actually Im using openplotter headless, just tried if it works on opencpn on the Pi.

It works on the tablet (android) too. 
I might not have the most current version on the laptop. 
Will try that out, thx!
you could try the signalK plugin instead of the old tool used in previous versions
http://localhost:3000/@signalk/server-ad...on/plugins
(2018-09-20, 11:53 AM)jim321 Wrote: you could try the signalK plugin instead of the old tool used in previous versions

Agree - signalk does so much nowadays, though I have a little node red to turn engine temperature into environment.water.temperature so at least it's visible in the opencpn dashboard even if with the wrong name. 

[Image: 22OnsIS.png]
(2018-09-20, 12:39 PM)PaddyB Wrote:
(2018-09-20, 11:53 AM)jim321 Wrote: you could try the signalK plugin instead of the old tool used in previous versions

Agree - signalk does so much nowadays, though I have a little node red to turn engine temperature into environment.water.temperature so at least it's visible in the opencpn dashboard even if with the wrong name. 

[Image: 22OnsIS.png]

If I activate the SignalK Converter, like shown above, there is no need for the NMEA Generator in OP? 

Can I set up an interval in the signalK conversion for the XDR-Data? Every 5 seconds instead of each second?
(2018-09-21, 10:14 AM)zugol Wrote: Can I set up an interval in the signalK conversion for the XDR-Data? Every 5 seconds instead of each second?

The Signal K to NMEA0183 conversion is totally driven by input - it outputs the sentence when it receives updates on the source data that the particular conversion uses.
The above worked for me to get basic data into opencpn , eg gps position.

How do i get ais data across?

There used to be a speciffic plugin for ais but i can’t find it in 1.2?
where is ais coming from ?
in the old manual setup for sdr dongle says to enable in openplotter and no setup needed for opencpn.
"Once you have found your gain and ppm value, select Enable AIS reception.You do not need to enable the rtlsdr plugin in OpenCPN. If you want to use that plugin you must disable SDR AIS reception in OpenPlotter."
https://sailoog.gitbooks.io/openplotter-...eiver.html
(2019-03-21, 10:38 AM)jim321 Wrote: where is ais coming from ?
in the old manual setup for sdr dongle says to enable in openplotter and no setup needed for opencpn.
"Once you have found your gain and ppm value, select Enable AIS reception.You do not need to enable the rtlsdr plugin in OpenCPN. If you want to use that plugin you must disable SDR AIS reception in OpenPlotter."
https://sailoog.gitbooks.io/openplotter-...eiver.html

Thanks Jim

Ais is coming in from canusb adapter.

Ais data is being received as signalk example map has ais targets, but theyre not making it to opencpn

How do i fix this?

Steve