This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PyPilot doesn't work after upgrade
I upgraded to OpenPlotter 1.2.0. Now AutoPilot button in OpenPlotter doesn't work. I did a new install, same problem. Anyone?
what autopilot button?
opencpn? openplotter?
openplotter has a tab pypilot..opencpn has a plugin..
in openplotter select the pypilot tab select basic autopilot apply button.
in opencpn install plugin select config select openplotter as host..
works for me.Smile
if it is not connected try the sk diag. mine will connect as soon as that window opens..
(2018-09-20, 08:54 AM)jim321 Wrote: what autopilot button?
opencpn? openplotter?
openplotter has a tab pypilot..opencpn has a plugin..
in openplotter select the pypilot tab select basic autopilot apply button.
in opencpn install plugin select config select openplotter as host..
works for me.Smile
if it is not connected try the sk diag. mine will connect as soon as that window opens..
I mean the autopilot button in Openplotter PyPilot tab. Basic Autopilot is set. (Version 1.0 works fine....)
ok i get it, "autopilot control" button under the pypilot tab does not work for me either..
we will have to wait on Sean..
try running "pypilot_control" from a terminal.

The pypilot plugin in opencpn might be a nicer control interface to use, but you need opencpn running.

I will have to install openplotter 1.2 I didn't realize it was released just now. There should some some important upgrades to the way compass calibration is handled.
I have same situation with this button. If I start pypilot_control from terminal window Isee next answer:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/local/bin/pypilot_control", line 11, in <module>
load_entry_point('pypilot==0.2', 'console_scripts', 'pypilot_control')()
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pypilot-0.2-py2.7-linux-armv7l.egg/ui/autopilot_control.py", line 296, in main
AutopilotControl().Show()
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pypilot-0.2-py2.7-linux-armv7l.egg/ui/autopilot_control.py", line 18, in __init__
super(AutopilotControl, self).__init__(None)
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pypilot-0.2-py2.7-linux-armv7l.egg/ui/autopilot_control_ui.py", line 23, in __init__
self.SetSizeHints( wx.Size( -1,-1 ), wx.DefaultSize )
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/wx-3.0-gtk2/wx/_core.py", line 9718, in SetSizeHints
return _core_.Window_SetSizeHints(*args, **kwargs)
TypeError: in method 'Window_SetSizeHints', expected argument 2 of type 'int

How to recower this situation?
This is a really annoying bug in wxforumbuilder. You can comment out line 23. This should not have slipped into the release, really sorry about that. Might need to make a new release of openplotter.

"/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pypilot-0.2-py2.7-linux-armv7l.egg/ui/autopilot_control_ui.py", line 23
(2018-09-22, 01:18 AM)seandepagnier Wrote: This is a really annoying bug in wxforumbuilder.  You can comment out line 23.  This should not have slipped into the release, really sorry about that.  Might need to make a new release of openplotter.

"/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pypilot-0.2-py2.7-linux-armv7l.egg/ui/autopilot_control_ui.py", line 23

This worked for me, tnx Sean.

PS My lab-setup works like a charm now. Can't wait to put it in my boat this winter.
PS2 I will post the results.
(2018-09-22, 01:18 AM)seandepagnier Wrote: This is a really annoying bug in wxforumbuilder.  You can comment out line 23.  This should not have slipped into the release, really sorry about that.  Might need to make a new release of openplotter.

thanks, it works for me too.
If you need to fix this bug and you can not wait for an openplotter update, do this:

Code:
cd
mkdir delete
cd delete
git clone https://github.com/pypilot/pypilot
git clone https://github.com/pypilot/pypilot_data
cp -rv pypilot_data/* pypilot
cd pypilot
python setup.py build
sudo python setup.py install
cd
sudo rm -rf delete