This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PyPilot doesn't work after upgrade
I added a kpex both directions port 20220 so that anything pypilot has gets sent to system I had the same no compass in ocpn and no imu stuff in openplotter / signalK. Unless i had IMU only
(2019-01-11, 02:16 PM)kalle Wrote:
(2019-01-11, 01:35 PM)jim321 Wrote: that looks like its a signalk problem

That seems to be the case. I can start PyPilot and have compass and wind data but in OpenCPN nothing. But how to fix it as my programming skills are bad.

Kalle
Hi Kalle,

it was the same for me. 
In my case it was just that y had to set in OPNCPN the connection again for Openplotter 
Something like Network and TPC and Local-Host (10.10.10.1) and port 10110
Than everything came back to OPENCPN

Hope it helps
Save sailing
Andreas
I have noticed some SK weirdness. In the instrument panel I get navigation.attitude as

no_source{"pitch":0.001483529905,"roll":0.006667157926,"yaw":0}

My settings are as followed.

Forced openplotter to do a full update.
Upgraded to current Pypilot as per Sean's directions.
Removed some old config files from .pypilot. ? questionable choice.

Added openplotter/serial device for server.
Servo assignment pypilot

openplotter/kplex
Pypilot TCP both localhost 20220

openplotter/pypilot
basic/auto pilot

This all works.
my settings in OPCN are:
And I noticed that I have no Compass hmmmm 
changed pypilot config
Forward nmea off
Restarted OPCN
Compass is back

debug of my nmea port.

Code:
$OCXDR,A,0.3,D,ROLL*77 //openplotter
$OCXDR,A,0.1,D,PTCH*67 //openplotter
$ARMWV,24.70,R,0.00,N,A*1f
$ARMWV,26.20,R,0.00,N,A*18
$GPGGA,193735.000,4954.3496,N,09707.5222,W,2,7,1.54,230.2,M,-24.6,M,0000,0000*64
$APXDR,A,0.099,D,PTCH*7B //pypilot
$APXDR,A,0.291,D,ROLL*63 //pypilot
$APHDM,280.146,M*3A//pypilot
I have 2 sources for Pitch and roll openplotter does not have heading.. and values are strange...
Removed openplotter generate nmea for pitch and roll..
and changed kplex pypilot to in
one source now) then changed kplex back to both so openplotter Autopilot can see wind and gps?
removed OCPN as source and forward NMEA forward?
Everything seems to work now yup it works but no wind needle at 0 LOL it is working just no wind today and the needle is pointing north.

I hope this helps?
My problem is solved.
Folder /home/pi/.signalk was missing after update.
I do not know why?
Had the problem twice with different sd cards.
Perhaps it is better to use ssd.
Thank you for all who tried to help.

Kalle
There are multiple ways to route the data.

You can connect to pypilot directly from opencpn with a tcp connection to port 20220
Dear all,

My pypilot don't work sine some day.

I made new install of Open Plotter and :

- IMU is found whith new OP install, but in pypilot control, is writen "None". I can see gains levels mooving
- when I make system update and Open plotter update, it loose every thing. Xhen launching pypilot_control from terminal it return "connect failed to localhost:21311".

When I connect the arduino to IDE arduino, nothing appears on the serial monitor.

I'm made differents test but don't remember every thing.

I'm also working on a batterie manager with INA219 and Nano Every, with USB connection, may it have damaged something ?

Is there easy way to test the Pypilot Arduino, like without IMU (connecting Vcc, GND, SDA SCL to the RPi) ?
Thank
(2019-11-08, 11:03 AM)DjelaliTricks Wrote: - IMU is found whith new OP install, but in pypilot control, is writen "None". I can see gains levels mooving
This means the autopilot is working but there is no motor controller.
Quote:- when I make system update and Open plotter update, it loose every thing. Xhen launching pypilot_control from terminal it return "connect failed to localhost:21311".
Please use:
https://github.com/pypilot/openplotter-pypilot

Are you using OP 2.0?
Quote:When I connect the arduino to IDE arduino, nothing appears on the serial monitor.

I'm made differents test but don't remember every thing.

I'm also working on a batterie manager with INA219 and Nano Every, with USB connection, may it have damaged something ?
maybe
Quote:Is there easy way to test the Pypilot Arduino, like without IMU (connecting Vcc, GND, SDA SCL to the RPi) ?
Thank

Yes, it's possible to test with pypilot/servo.py script only the motor controller.
Thank's for the fast answer !

I'm using OP 1.2.0, but trying to install OP 2.0.
Still don't manage to install python3-wxgtk4.0...
I've ugraded OP2 with Rasbian Buster, pypilot from https://github.com/pypilot/openplotter-pypilot but always same problem. IMU is ok but no sign of pypilot (connect failed to localhost:21311)
IMU seem assigned on ttyS0. In signal K, I can see AMAO, where was assigned pypilot before.

I fear a material problem, but not sure. The Arduino on the pypilot card is not powered by the RPi in 3.3V, just by 12V when plugded, and just a red led is lighted on the Arduino Nano, not the Rx - Tx one's.
Could it be a problem with CPC5001 ? Is it possible to connect directly 1 and 2 of Arduino with Rx Tx of J4 (https://pypilot.org/schematics/hbridge_controller.pdf) or is no use to test ?

Thank's
(2019-11-10, 07:37 PM)DjelaliTricks Wrote: I've ugraded OP2 with Rasbian Buster, pypilot from https://github.com/pypilot/openplotter-pypilot but always same problem. IMU is ok but no sign of pypilot (connect failed to localhost:21311)
IMU seem assigned on ttyS0. In signal K, I can see AMAO, where was assigned pypilot before.
AMA0 when?   You might need to edit /boot/config.txt
Quote:I fear a material problem, but not sure. The Arduino on the pypilot card is not powered by the RPi in 3.3V, just by 12V when plugded, and just a red led is lighted on the Arduino Nano, not the Rx - Tx one's.
Could it be a problem with CPC5001 ? Is it possible to connect directly 1 and 2 of Arduino with Rx Tx of J4 (https://pypilot.org/schematics/hbridge_controller.pdf) or is no use to test ?

Thank's

Probably no problem with the cpc5001.   Can you boot older openplotter, or try the tinypilot image  to test?   This will tell you if the problem is hardware or not.

The openplotter-pypilot script is updated very new, and there is not serial port management in op 2 yet so it is not much surprise you found issues.