This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
vnh20sp30
I added support for this driver but, out of the 3 I have ordered:
  • Reverse half speed with a lot of heat.
  • No reverse
  • Both directions work perfect, but no current sense output.
So all three defective.  I am not very interested in this part anymore unfortunately.  Would have been a nice solution to reduce the needed solder connections.   It does make a lot of heat at 20khz ultrasound frequencies so must be run slower but maybe it it defective in this way too.

If anyone has fully working parts let us hear about it and where they were obtained.  I have no doubt good versions of this part will work.
i'll give it ago this weekend fingers crossed
whats the pinout? is there another ino. for it ?

"This product can get hot enough to burn you long before the chip overheats. Take care when handling this product and other components connected to it."
i put heatsink on the chip and epoxied a thermistor to it and dug up a few motors.
can you elaborate on the support for this driver. i looked on github and didn't see anything there.

thank you
jim
I put some commits in git, check now, motor.ino Should specify the pins in the comment, and you will need to uncomment the appropriate #define VNH20SP30 Let me know if you have success. I had 3 out of 3 bad parts.

The one that did drive without having working current sense does not heat up at all with a load of 1-2 amps.
i had trouble compiling, long story short.
i created a new tab in the ide named crc.h and copied the code for it there and deleted the ../ on the line 208 to look like this #include "crc.h"
then it compiled uploaded..
i don't feel like soldering right now.. so ill get back to it later and report..
hmm... sorry it is my fault. I don't use the ide at all, but the Makefile. I need to add a -I. to the cflags and remove the ../ Thanks for letting me know.

I don't think you need to solder if you use jumper cables, unless you didn't put a header on the part yet. Anyway let me know if it works, and if the current sense works.
no header pins, i am going to use some rj45 cable.
i have a doctors appointment today..i'll try to get it done this evening.
i got it wired up this weekend and i get no motor movement at all.i will try a test script and double check my wiring and report back..it could be a power problem as well i was using a computer power supply .
ok these things suck
i checked wiring different motors different program different pins all no go..i spun the motor by hand and the fwr rev leds would light but no power thru it..then i found this
https://www.xsimulator.net/community/thr...lems.9059/

paddy has one maybe he will have better luck
Hi all, I'm new and have been trying to learn and scope out how I can set up my boat to use pypilot. I was wondering if anyone had tried the VNH5019 Motor Driver Carrier: https://www.pololu.com/product/1451 . It seems like it could work in place of vnh20sp30 and from the info i've seen, much more reliable in quality. Thoughts?