This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Openplotter + MQTT + Dashboard
Hi Alpenskipper,

You have to use the websocket port in the Freeboard datasource, so in your case 33010
Goog luck!
Thanks a lot, that's it!
Running fine now!

Is there a possibility to record the data in freeboard, so the historical data can be seen after opening the gauges?

Until now, the data plots start from new after the page is reloaded.

Martin

[Image: 30048f00248ea839483104a047c275de.jpg]
Unfortunately not.... 
Then you should integrate a service like Thingspeak into your setup which holds data infinite. I came across a site (I can't find the url anymore) which showed the historical graphs of thingspeak as a html widget in Freeboard.
That sounds to sophisticated to my simple sailor mind Smile.
But maybe this could be realized in a new OP version.
(2016-08-16, 08:29 PM)Snijdor Wrote: Unfortunately not.... 
Then you should integrate a service like Thingspeak into your setup which holds data infinite. I came across a site (I can't find the url anymore) which showed the historical graphs of thingspeak as a html widget in Freeboard.

I created a thingspeak channel and I am stuck now.
Can you give me a hint, how to get mqtt data to thinspeak?

Thingspeak seems to be very useful and would allow data visualization and export, although.
(2016-08-18, 07:54 AM)Alpenskipper Wrote:
(2016-08-16, 08:29 PM)Snijdor Wrote: Unfortunately not.... 

I created a thingspeak channel and I am stuck now.
Can you give me a hint, how to get mqtt data to thinspeak?

Thingspeak seems to be very useful and would allow data visualization and export, although.

Attached Files
.txt   mqspeak.txt (Size: 2.47 KB / Downloads: 228)
I'm new here - today. Brilliant project but my eyes fell upon this thread and I wonder if including Node-red and Node-red dashboard would be an efficient path to take. I've used Node-Red a fair bit and it allows the user to configure all types of 'intelligent' solutions according to their needs. Indeed, I had in mind a node-red based autopilot/Plotter system as a project but since I've found this excellent software i'm rethinking it. But node-red is a must - I'd strongly recommend a look.

If you need examples of node red - I've an instrumentation project I was using for a hovercraft at kk4oyj.wordpress.com and theres a lot of material at tech.scargill.net too.

Hope this helps Smile
Thank you for the great tutorial.  I've had no problem getting data into CloudMQTT.  However, I can't seem to get freeboard to connect.  I HAVE used the websocket port.  is the username and password that you specify in the datasource that for the user that you create in cloudmqtt or is it the master user and password?  I'm not really understanding the purpose of the Users and ACLs.

Richard
Vamonos
(2016-11-18, 07:51 PM)jram Wrote: I'm new here  - today.  Brilliant project but my eyes fell upon this thread and I wonder if including Node-red and Node-red dashboard would be an efficient path to take.  I've used Node-Red a fair bit and it allows the user to configure all types of 'intelligent' solutions according to their needs. Indeed, I had in mind a node-red based autopilot/Plotter system as a project but since I've found this excellent software i'm rethinking it.  But node-red is a must - I'd strongly recommend a look.  

If you need examples of node red - I've an instrumentation project I was using for a hovercraft at kk4oyj.wordpress.com and theres a lot of material at tech.scargill.net too.

Hope this helps Smile

I agree, node-red is a very handy tool. I was not aware of the node-red dashboard, thanks for that. I was normally using freeboard. I think node-red fits here seamless next to signal K javascript web. I don't know if it introduce performance issues.

G.