This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newbie Help
Greetings,

I am slowly learning the ropes, this is all new to me, but am eager to learn. My long term aspirations are to build a sophisticated custom dashboard. I currently have NMEA 0183 data coming in from a from SignalK with JSON sentences being sent to a debug window.  I was wondering if anyone would share their code which includes a dashboard which separates the data in the sentences and sends each one to a chart or numeric indicator. One example, would be a great help in being able to get me up to speed.

Thanks! Huh

Clay
How/where/on what device do you plan to use the dashboard?

Dashboard is such a generic word that it is hard to tell what exactly you are looking for...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I am starting slow with a RP3+ a GPS USB. Next step will add wind, speed, GPS, AIS via NMEA 0183 output from my Vesper XB- 8000 which is connected to my Raymarine instruments and chart plotter. Then, just continue to add functionality like battery and tank monitors, etc. Smile
I've been working on something like that for M5Stack. It takes NMEA 0183 via MQTT wirelessly and displays it on the M5Stack display. Mine is intended for the nav station, so size and sunlight readability aren't as important. This is a development of one that I put together previously for a 4 x 20 line LCD display, which I am using now. RIght now it displays Location, speed, course and wind data. If I have enough memory, I intend to add Engine and Electrical data, as well as depth. Since the M5Stack accommodates an SD card, it should be possible to store historical data as well, but again, it's all about program memory right now.

Here's the Github: https://github.com/andyrbarrow/MQTTNMEADisplay

Still early days, but It works on the bench. It might be possible to port this to something with a larger display.