This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Connect OP to my AP and TP
So now that OP2 is sort of available I have decided to start setting up my new Rpi4B+ ( I know this is probably not supported atm) but this is more general, I think I would have the same question running OP1.2 and RPi 3b+
Here is the set up
I have the Rpi4b+ running OP 2 (10.10.10.1) and I have a TinyPilot (192.168.14.1)

I have opencpn running with pypilot plugin and it sees the tiny pilot... all good but I have no internet
The challenge is I cannot also connect to a internet AP... all my connections are used up... can I just plug in a usb wifi adapter to OP and connect it to my internet AP?

I currently connect to the OP wifi and use teamviewer for remote screen to OP and OP connects to the Tiny Pilot AP... but I have no internet
I know the newer rpi3b has wifi ap and client at the same time on supported boards.

Is this setting available in OP 2? Does it work on rpi4?
(2019-08-18, 01:27 PM)seandepagnier Wrote: Is this setting available in OP 2?    Does it work on rpi4?
Yes, it works (3b, 3b+, 4b) but it isn't reliable.
can you use usb wifi adaptor? I do this with mine.