This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BerryGPS-IMU v3
Hello,

I've installed BerryGPS-IMU v3 and I can see GPS location.
However there is this error message in SignalK logs:

Code:
[color=#000000]1573318803597;N;$GNTXT,01,01,01,More than 100 frame errors, UART RX was disabled*70[/color]

How can I fix this?

BerryGPS-IMU v3 comes with IMU and magnetometer/pressure/temperature/humidity data.
What do I need to set up to get it displayed in OpenCPN dashboard?

It's connected. I see:

Code:
[color=#000000]pi@raspberrypi:~ $ sudo i2cdetect -y 1
[/color]
     0  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  a  b  c  d  e  f
00:          -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 
10: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 1c -- -- -- 
20: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 
30: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 
40: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 
50: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 
60: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 6a -- -- -- -- -- 
[color=#000000]70: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 77                [/color]

In singalK log I see only pressure
Code:
[code]1573323715732;N;{"updates":[{"$source":"OpenPlotter.I2C.BME280","values":[{"path": "environment.outside.pressure","value":102341.71826815547},{"path": "environment.inside.humidity","value":0.0}]}]}
[/code]

And it is not in NMEA format.

Thanks,
Download BBN Marine OS for raspberry pi 

https://bareboat-necessities.github.io/m...at-os.html

Video of actual installation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zMjUs2X3qU

[quote defaultattr='']

[/quote]
[quote defaultattr='']

1573318803597;N;$GNTXT,01,01,01,More than 100 frame errors, UART RX was disabled*70

How can I fix this?

[/quote]

I am not familiar with BerryGPS, but that looks BerryGPS software is trying to tell you with a special GNTXT nmea-like message that something is wrong, internal to BerryGPS's functions.

[quote defaultattr='']

BerryGPS-IMU v3 comes with IMU and magnetometer/pressure/temperature/humidity data.
What do I need to set up to get it displayed in OpenCPN dashboard?
In singalK log I see only pressure
Code:
Code:
1573323715732;N;{"updates":[{"$source":"OpenPlotter.I2C.BME280","values":[{"path": "environment.outside.pressure","value":102341.71826815547},{"path": "environment.inside.humidity","value":0.0}]}]}
And it is not in NMEA format.

[/quote]

First you need to make sure BerryGPS is generating the data - the error you posted may mean that some of the inputs are disabled because of errors.

From the data sample it appears that you are using OpenPlotter's I2C features to get the pressure into SK, but with no experience with BerryIMU I can't offer any further assistance for the other data.

Once the data is in SK you can 
(1) activate Signal K to NMEA0183 plugin to convert SK data to NMEA0183. The plugin can not convert arbitrary data, the set of conversions is fixed and naturally there either needs to be a specific NMEA0183 sentence for the data in question or it can go in the generic XDR sentence
(2) configure OpenCPN to connect to SK server's NMEA0183 tcp connection on localhost 10110
(3) OpenCpn's dashboard (there are several) needs to support the sentences that are generated by the setup in (1)

As example what you have, environment.outside.pressure, can be converted to MMB sentence
https://github.com/SignalK/signalk-to-nm...MMB.js#L12
but I have no idea if some OpenCpn dashboard can show that.

I wish there were a "browser plugin" for OpenCpn what would allow you to embed browser based gauges like SK InstrumentPanel in OpenCpn UI. Naturally you can open OpenCpn and InstrumentPanel side by side by in separate windows.