This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OP2 - setup help needed for OP1 user
Hi,

I've used OP 0.x and 1.x successfully for the past 3 years. Now installed OP2 and pleased to see the install was easier than ever - thank you.

But I can't work out what to do next. The old versions had an OpenPlotter app and on the first two tabs it was really easy and intuitive to setup USB connections, network streams, filtering, etc. Having once read the OP 0.x documentation I got it all working. But in OP2 the OpenPlotter app has gone and there are are lots of applications - I don't know where to start and it feels like I now need to understand the technical internals of OP far more than before. I have read the OP2 documentation and I think I need to setup Signal K but I'm not clear on how to do that and what else I need to do.

I'm hoping someone can help with these questions:

1. Is it possible to use the old easy-to-use OpenPlotter app in OP2? (I assume "no" but that's a great shame because it was an easy one-stop-shop interface).
  2. Is there a step by step guide how to setup OP2, e.g. I want to add a NMEA 0183 USB device such that the data is available in OpenCPN and add a network stream to output all NMEA0183 data?
  3. In O2, is all the "standard" config still there by default as it was in OP0.x & OP2.x, for example if I add my NMEA 0183 inputs will they automatically be routed to OpenCPN & to my outbound network stream as they were in previous versions? (I ask because it feels like I have to setup this too but I hoped this would just work as in previous versions).
Sorry for all the questions but I'm lost at sea with this new version. If it is more technical than OP1 then I think I should stick with the old version, but of course I'd really like to use OP2.

Many thanks,

Jon