This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trouble upgrading to Openplotter 2
I'm using a Rpi 3, have been using Openplotter 1.2.0 with Open CPN 5 and have been slowly getting things working, but I'm pretty new at this stuff. It was suggested to upgrade to Openplotter 2. 

I followed the instructions and downloaded Openplotter-v2-Starting-img.zip
I took a new 32 gig SD card and formatted it using the suggested formatting tool in the instructions
I copied NOOBS_lite_v3_3 to the new SD card

When I put the new card in the Pi and power up nothing happens. I get the red light on the Pi, but the green light never flashes as it usually does and the Pi doesn't boot up. If I replace the SD card with the older version, everything works fine.

Where did I go wrong? Thanks
copy only contents of NOOBS_lite_v3_3 folder, not the folder
That was it. Thanks for the quick solution.

I'm not getting entire windows showing on my screen - using the official 7 inch screen. During installation I ticked the box that talked about a black area around the screen, I probably should not have done that, not sure. Can you tell me where I can fix that please. I attached a pic
That was it. Thanks for the quick solution.

I'm not getting entire windows showing on my screen - using the official 7 inch screen. During installation I ticked the box that talked about a black area around the screen, I probably should not have done that, not sure. Can you tell me where I can fix that please. I attached a pic[/quote]

I thought I attached a pic

[quote=     jimdale pid='13960' dateline='1590022948']