This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
USB Manager : DVB-T dongle (AIS) not detected
Hello,

Im using OP 0.8.0 on a Raspberry pi 3 with a USB GPS.

I want plug a DVB-T dongle. it seems working good but i cant manage it via USB Manager.

And i didn't find the Tool menu to start the tty auto setup (like said in documentation).

Here you can find my toubleshooting file which contains some screenshots of "ls /dev/tty*" ; "lsusb" ; "dmseg" :
troubleshooting file
So i would understand why i can't manage this USB DVB-T.

Thanks
The USB-Manager is for serial-ports only!!!
A DVBT stick is not a serial-port. It can receive AIS Signals as sound (SDR receiver).
OpenPlotter use the sound and sends it into a software to generate NMEA0183 sentences.
These sentences are send by network UDP 10110 to "kplex" a NMEA 0183 multiplexer software.
From kplex you can send it to a serial port if you wish.
It should directly work with opencpn on the raspberry.
Well i didnt notice that the DVB-T stick wasnt a serial-port.
Thanks you for your explanation.

It's working fine, i just need to calibrate it.
I will look for do it with software because im' not near any AIS signal.
You are using version 0.8.0 and we are migrating documentation to version 0.10.0 and above, sorry. Could you please migrate to 0.10.0 too? it will be easier to help you. Thanks.
I will do. 
I'm new to OP, but it's really a nice project.
Thanks for your work and your answer.
(2017-06-09, 05:34 PM)Sailoog Wrote: You are using version 0.8.0 and we are migrating documentation to version 0.10.0 and above, sorry. Could you please migrate to 0.10.0 too? it will be easier to help you. Thanks.

With the warnings on your download page about 0.10.0 being "alpha" and 0.8.0 next to it without these warnings, I think you may be steering people to old code. For that matter 0.8.0 is master on github, and the current version is beta. Upgrading from 0.8.0 to 0.10.0 plus means starting over, so it could save folks a bit of time to get the current, supported one first.
You are right, being 0.10.0 self-update we should steer all people to it. I will make some text changes...
(2017-06-13, 05:40 PM)Sailoog Wrote: You are right, being 0.10.0 self-update we should steer all people to it. I will make some text changes...
I upgraded to 11.1 and deleted all usb ports, rebooted and run autodetect.
unfortunatly neither dvt-b tongle nor any of the other usb devices (gps, artsense) get dedected.
manual config of usb ports does also not show any ports.

what to do now other than fresh start with reformating?
DVT-B are not serials devices and will not be detected.
I would need more data to know what happens with your serial devices. Any error? power issues? do you use a HUB?...
(2017-07-06, 06:02 PM)Sailoog Wrote: DVT-B are not serials devices and will not be detected.
I would need more data to know what happens with your serial devices. Any error? power issues? do you use a HUB?...

Unfortunately no error messages, suspected power issues with the hub and replaced the hub by another one - same situ.
(see also my remarks in bug report). How can I clean the old USB settings?