This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Keep RealVNC Server installations when updating OP
Hi!

I administer and testĀ OP with a GSM stick on my boat when I am at home via RealVNC Server.
Besides reverse SSH, which seems to complicated an uncomfortable to me, this is the only possibility to connect OP through the GSM net.

When I update OP remotely, RealVNC Server is uninstalled a I loose the connection to OP on my boat.

I would be nice, if the RealVNC server would be kept on updates.

Martin
RealVNC server is not compatible with RDP and we need both methods VNC and RDP running on the same system. We use x11vnc instead of RealVNC server. I hope Raspbian developers fix this.