This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GPIO action setup issue
Hi,

I just moved to OP 0.10.0 Alpha (from a much older OP version), and am struggling with setting up GPIO actions.
What worked previously is not working now...

I am looking to trigger a system shutdown when GPIO27 is connected to GND
I've set it up as below for testing:
[Image: 2018-01-05_15h23_37.png]

[Image: 2018-01-05_15h25_18.png]

However, when I connect Pin9 (GND) to Pin13 (GPIO27) nothing happens.
This used to work in the older version I was running (although the setup was slightly different).

What am I doing wrong here?
first thing is to UPDATE.....lots of fixes since v0.10.0
my tab says gpio not gpio sensors
there are reboot shutdown ect all in the actions tab..where you have show message
I prefer to use the Stable branch rather than the Beta if at all possible. I believe I read somewhere that once switched to use the Beta branch I would be unable to switch back to Stable.

And yes, I know I've configured it to only show a message. This is intentional, once working I will switch it to Shutdown.
v0.11.2
Fix Actions. Some actions need still to be revised but triggers are working right. Stop and start all actions needs revision too

v0.11.3
New interface for actions. Parsing signal k values on actions data.
Fix Twwitter and Gmail actions
Fix SMS actions
Fix sounds actions
Fix messages actions
Fix wait, reset, shutdown, startup stop, startup restart actions

v0.11.5
Fix GPIO output actions

v0.11.7
Add Set Signal K key value action
Improve error messages in actions

v0.15.0
Fix issue with actions and I2C

v0.16.0
Fix issue with multilanguage actions and operators
Fix timestamp issue in actions

the beta is very stable.
there should be a new image soon i am expecting a stable one once the new hats go on sale.last eta was the end of this month..then you can update to stable again..
or you could just wait for it....
Upgraded to latest version and the issue is gone.
Smile.......