This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average
@mxtommy KIP instrument display webapp for Signalk
What you see is the demo version.  Not the real input/output.

Go to the icon under right side. Click on unlock.  then >App settings >change SignalK Api URL to http://localhost:3000 >Update reset

Then is still does not work.

Staying In the unlock fase, you must setup what you like to receive. Click on one the left squares icon (in the middle) and switch with arrow pointer on what you like to display. Then save. Unlock to off.

Restart SignalK server and you are running your own data.

Regards,

Bram
(2018-02-06, 01:17 PM)verkerkbr Wrote: What you see is the demo version.  Not the real input/output.

Go to the icon  under right side. Click on unlock.  then >App settings >change SignalK Api URL to http://localhost:3000 >Update reset

Staying In the unlock fase, you must setup what you like to receive. Click on one the left squares icon (in the middle) and switch with arrow pointer on what you like to display. Then save. Unlock to off.

Regards,

Bram

Thanks verkerkbr - I thought I would have to learn json  Confused
(2018-02-06, 01:40 PM)affinite Wrote:
(2018-02-06, 01:17 PM)verkerkbr Wrote: What you see is the demo version.  Not the real input/output.

Go to the icon  under right side. Click on unlock.  then >App settings >change SignalK Api URL to http://localhost:3000 >Update reset

Regards,

Bram

Thanks verkerkbr - I thought I would have to learn json  Confused

It is not really Json, but simply the setup procedure. It is not difficult if you know ho to do this.
Thumbs Up 
Struggled in the beginning with the same problems with no connect as mentioned but finally also managed to get the data stream alive... 

By far from what I found the best tool to setup and view individual gauges! Should be available in Openplotter from the very beginning in my point of view. Still some more updates to come (hopefully) such as for e.g. "Humidity in %" as a dedfined value in the dropbox list, currently not available. Also experienced some latency issues with the 1W sensor.... I2C data is shown immediately while 1W in average take 30-60 seconds until data is getting in...
(2018-02-06, 02:33 PM)Journeymen361 Wrote: Struggled in the beginning with the same problems with no connect as mentioned but finally also managed to get the data stream alive... 

By far from what I found the best tool to setup and view individual gauges! Should be available in Openplotter from the very beginning in my point of view. Still some more updates to come (hopefully) such as for e.g. "Humidity in %" as a dedfined value in the dropbox list, currently not available. Also experienced some latency issues with the 1W sensor.... I2C data is shown immediately while 1W in average take 30-60 seconds until data is getting in...

this is normal, 1W sensors send data every 60 seconds
(2018-02-06, 12:32 AM)verkerkbr Wrote:
(2018-02-05, 09:08 PM)Sailoog Wrote: WOW, thanks Saqqara, I did not know it.

This should be enabled by default on next OP version!!!

Affinite, put just http://localhost:3000

Hi Sailoog,

it works with this setting. But you have to setup the items for the instruments you like to have and also in which shape.

With Linux it can be done in a separate window in combination with navigation screen.

How do you do this? fullscreen?
(2018-02-06, 09:11 PM)Sailoog Wrote:
(2018-02-06, 12:32 AM)verkerkbr Wrote:
(2018-02-05, 09:08 PM)Sailoog Wrote: WOW, thanks Saqqara, I did not know it.

This should be enabled by default on next OP version!!!

Affinite, put just http://localhost:3000

Hi Sailoog,

it works with this setting. But you have to setup the items for the instruments you like to have and also in which shape.

With Linux it can be done in a separate window in combination with navigation screen.

How do you do this? fullscreen?

Hi Sailoog,

it is running in the browser ! You can set the instruments full screen or in the required windows with the required scaling.

This seems to me a first very usable SignalK application and with two windows open in Linux, you simply can switch from navigation to the instruments and back.

Firefox does not accept this application. But other browsers do.

I have to repeat the setup if it running on another system.

You also can change the display of some gauge displays.

What is missing is a description howto. It takes some time to find out how the settings works.

Regards,

Bram

Attached Files Image(s)

(2018-02-06, 09:08 PM)Sailoog Wrote:
(2018-02-06, 02:33 PM)Journeymen361 Wrote: Struggled in the beginning with the same problems with no connect as mentioned but finally also managed to get the data stream alive... 

this is normal, 1W sensors send data every 60 seconds

Hmmmm, disagree from my experience.... - The refresh rate of the 1W should be quicker than 60 seconds, should'nt it? When I use the Signal K diagnostic in Openplotter I immediately get the values shown both for 1W and I2C and they get updated second by second, it's just in the KIP that I have a delay with the 1W - It's no big deal though and I'm now used to it, but interesting....
A couple of things I have noted:

When viewing from a browser on another PC and returning to a prior session, I get poor results unless I edit the path to remove any parameters (page number etc) from the URL.

He has noted on Github that the labels have to be recreated every time you edit an instrument, so hopefully that will get fixed.

I hope to get the instruments how I want them, then copy the json for it and find in the source where he has the demo config and overwrite it. That way opening it on new devices it can be easily given my favored configuration.

I'd like to have a QR code on the boat that crew can scan to get to this page.

I also wish that there could be better string manipulation used to suggest a default label for the instrument that isn't so ugly.
This is the first real working instruments set on basis of SignalK. Certainly things can be improved. But it works here very well
It is also nice to have two windows open, OpenCPN and the Mmxtommy/kip (what a name for an application) instruments.

However you have to do the setup in every browser you use and of course save the settings. And for a strange reason it does not work in a Firefox browser.

Developments with SignalK go slow but it certainly the future for connecting boat instruments.

Bram