This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Integrating tinypilot into Existing Navigation Setup
Sean, thanks for the response and guidance.
Some terminology is still confusing for me but everything's working.

Quark has 2 wifi modes, Ad-hoc and Station. In ad-hoc mode, quark's IP address is fixed and it can only accept connections - like a server mode, I guess. 
Station mode seems to equate to a client mode. In this mode Quark can connect to an access point (tinypilot) but use a self-assigned, fixed IP address (e.g. 192.168.14.25) for itself. Station mode config includes specifying a port (I left the default, 2000).

Quark connects to access point pypilot as 192.168.14.25, port 2000. I don't believe anything is delivered to tinypilot from quark on this connection.
AO has inbound connection from 192.168.14.25 (quark) on port 2000 and receives all of quark's output.
AO has inbound/outbound connection with tinypilot on port 20220. Through it, autopilot info is sent to tinypilot along with GPS info received from quark. Pitch, roll and heading messages are sent from tinypilot to AO

Hope to get everything reinstalled and final-tested on the boat as soon as weather permits.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Integrating tinypilot into Existing Navigation Setup - Resolved - by bobmor99 - 2020-06-07, 09:41 PM