This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Connect Openplotter to NASA Clipper Repeater.
Having worked on the problem for the last few hours I have a working solution and am closer to the cause of the problem.
If I set the outgoing filter to only send ECRMC and ECRMB the repeater works fine as long as a route is active.  If the route is de- activated Opencpn stops sending BOTH sentences and the repeater reports no GPS position.
This is not really a problem as the main function of the repeater is to show route data, and the lack of a lat and long display when no route is active is not much of an issue.
As well as ECRMC, opencpn also has GPRMC which is available all the time, even when a route is not active.
I then tried sending only GPRMC and ECRMB.  This gives a position on the repeater whether a route is selected or not.  However, when a route is active and openpcpn sends the ECRMB and the screen for displaying bearing and distance starts flashing again.

I have noticed in the NMEA debug screen that there is a difference at the end of the sentence between ECRMC and GPRMC.
It looks like a check sum issue?
I'll do some more research and report back on progress.
By the way GSA seem not to be needed ( even though the instructions with the repeater says to send it)
Jodel

Messages In This Thread
RE: Connect Openplotter to NASA Clipper Repeater. - by Jodel - 2021-12-20, 11:42 PM